On pellets and have severe breast pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone, im new and started HRT pellets 6 wks ago. i have severe pain in my breast. From sides to front even when i move it brings me to tears. MY Dr says its normal but im in so much pain and weight gain i might call ir quits.. anyone else having problems

THANKS

MELANIE

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had a hysterectomy at age 39 (now 68) and was going swimmingly on oestradiol (I won't use anything else) pellets, then patches, now back on pellets again. However, my dr insisted I use progesterone for 'balance'. Worst mistake ever. Progesterone seems to cause most of the problems for women who have to take it due to still having uterus to prevent break through bleeding. In my case, it made my oestrogen ineffective causing menopause symptoms. It is now taking a while to get my ogestrogen back in 'balance'.

Perhaps try something else for sleeping problems. I have never found it necessary to use testosterone (I don't think it is allowed in Australia anyway) as sufficient oestrogen is great for libido and everything else that testosterone is good for, e.g. bone, etc. Besides, I already take an antiandrogen to stop facial hair, hair loss male pattern, bad acne, greasy scalp, etc.

• Posted

ok thank you.. i was thinking about stopping due to not have uterus so it does nothing for me

• Posted

Yes, they are marvelous. Oestradiol of course. The body takes only what it needs when it needs it from the pellets. So at different times of the day, we need more, and others less.

I am in between pellets at the moment - I have to wait till I see my dr for a new script (done that), send original off by snail mail to the compound chemist, receive it, then wait for my 3 monthly appointment with my dr to implant. So I revert back to patches (2 per week). I have found the patches to have an instantaneous effect (might be different for someone starting afresh) and they keep me right side up till I get the implant. I keep up the patches till I feel the implant kick in (I think the wounding of the flesh holds it up a bit).

While patches are great, I hate the glue and remembering to apply them on the correct day. If I don't, a wave of depression or anxiety comes over me and now that I know why, it is a reminder.

Good luck with yours.

• Posted

wish i was having good luck with mine.. pain is so bad in breast and after 6 wks i feel no different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.