On PIP and lost my job

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get standard rate for both components and lost my job today due to attendance issues. Is there a benefit I can claim to supplement my PIP

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You maybe able to claim ESA depending on your circumstances. It would be Contribution Based ESA if you've paid enough NI contributions in the last 2 years. If you haven't paid enough then claiming Income Based ESA would depend on other circumstances, I,E are you single, have children have a partner that works? To claim ESA you would need a sick/fit note from your GP.

• Posted

They base it on the last 2/3 tax years Denise.  It can happen where you can't claim contributions benefit one year but can from 1st January the next year coz they are using a new tax year to work it out.  x

• Posted

There is u can out in for esa u have to call them to make a claim takes about 10 days
  • Posted

Also if you live on your own you might be able to get housing benefit and council tax rebate.  x

• Posted

Hi guys. I was in my last job for 4 years full time till last year if that gives a fuller picture and I live alone

Thanks

• Posted

Well in that case you can claim ESA,  housing benefit and council tax rebate.  x

• Posted

Sorry I meant till yesterday not last year

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.