On Prozac 20mg starting Trazadone 50mg. any supportive advice???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have terrible anxiety disorder that causes all the normal emotional/mental crap but it also manifests physically with me. if im badly anxious my body reacts first! 

this episode this time that started a little before thanskgiving has got me on medical leave because it has affected me physically also. I started prozac a little over a month ago. i guess its made small improvements but for the most part i am still the same and am anxious everyday, and struggle with vertigo. i have ok days and bad days. anyway i recently am having (amongts all those things ) bad insomnia. I know prozac causes that but i thought maybe the holidays added to it since i had bad anxiety this weekend. anyway emailed my doc and she suggested/prescribed tradazone. i am always so freaked out to start new medication. Im afraid traz will make my vertigo worse. but i am just willing to find the right combo for me since i have to get better and go back to work not to mention i want to be myself again. i know rushing these things doesn't help. trying to take it a day at a time. i do CBT. anyway. any advice? i live in the US and most people here had good things to say. but on here its most all negative.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on traz.  My sleep was very deep, but felt like a zombie.

Because I was wanting an ablation I had to wean off the traz. It took 9 freakin months to come off 75 mg.  Such awful withdrawals.  Never ever would I take that stuff again.    Please do your research before taking 

• Posted

Whatever you do. DO NOT take the Trazodone. I took 50mg for 6 days and it gave me severe headaches, numbne ss, anxiety and agitation. I ended up in A & E and have spent 8 days trying to recover. There are a huge amount of people who when they take this drug have serious side effects and withdrawal is HeLL. I wouldn't recommend this to my worse enemy. yes, you may read posts where people have taken it and are fine but there are also loads of us going through hell because of it. Please search dangers of trazadone on the net and there is a Face book group Deseryl (Trazadone) should be illegal. It's not really worth risking

• Posted

As I mentioned to Tina a few days ago, I so agree with you. I took it from last  Novemember until I started weannig last March. It I was taking 75 mg.  It took me from March until  October to get off. Then had to start weaning  off Clonezepam after that.  Worst 9/10 months of my life. And I am still having withdrawals  .

I always say to people to do their research before ever starting this crap. 

• Posted

I took it one day and it helped me sleep but made my dizziness even worse. So I couldn’t do it anymore. I stoped. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.