On sert for 3 weeks started to feel better but...

Posted , 4 users are following.

On my 3rd week of sertraline started at 25mg and after a week was raised to 50mg felt really weird everyday anxiety increased I thought this wasn't for me and than I actually had a good day and than the next day it was even better but the only issue is by night time when resting I start to feel weird like I can't breathe and my anxiety is back and my heart rate is lower than what it normally is but it still in the normal 60-100 before pill resting heart rate was 70-75 now is 60-68 in the morning it's 59 and blood pressure goes up and down a lot but still good to prehypertension. Does anybody else experience anything like it. And I take set for anxiety disorder

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas. 

Im on my 8th week. But it's taken this long to feel any difference with me, 

iv had a few days when iv felt ok, and the side effects are slowly getting less, 

i didn't think they were working for me and nearly changed to another, but the past few days they have settled down, yesterday was feeling a bit anxious and heart rate was up a bit, my Bp is up and down anyway, but think that was due to anxiety, so the doctor told me to only take my bp every now and then, but now I only have it done at the surgery because home machines aren't very accurate. And last 2 times it was a good reading. I take mine for Heath Anxiety. 25mg and got no plans to up it yet. I also have acid reflux and the side effects of that give me palpitations and tightness in the chest, I try and control that with diet. But sertraline can cause reflux too.

hope this helps, your not a loan, 

• Posted

Hi Thomas, it seems to me that you may need to go to a higher dose because if you take it in the morning, by day end your anxiety increased because your body has used up all the med? 50mg I think. 25mg is the lowest dose and it is to start someone out.  Not sure. Also, the initial stage of recovery is very uneven because the med hasn't settled in your system yet. And yes, the palpitations happened to me. Hang in there, it will get better, soon more good days than bad. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.