On sertraline for the past 5 days , question about some symptoms that have been showing since.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello , I have been put on 50mg of sertraline since Friday 30th June , and yesterday (Monday 3 July) I started experienced "tingling" or "goosebumps" feeling across my head which felt really weird as they kept coming and going. Today (Tuesday 4 July) , I have started getting this same feeling across my legs and feet , but mostly coming in my feet ,but it weirdly goes when I start moving and only start noticing it when I stand still ,but I have never noticed this feeling before. Is this normal as I have just started taking anxiety meds or should I get into contact about this ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Ed,

Yes, this can happen. I used to get tingling and also felt like my skin was crawling. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know).

Within the next few weeks things should start getting better for you.

I was always advised to give the meds 3 months to take full affect. Some people feel the changes within the first few weeks. We are all different.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.