On Stilnox and Lexotanil

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, For the last 2 years i have been struggling with imnsomnia. The last year i manage to sleep with the help of the above medicines.Stilnox 2*10 stilnox and 2*6 lexotanil . Thus the next day i am a Zombie. i can bearly keep my eyes open, i have a strange feeling in my throught but also i feel like my brain is slowing down. Cant think fast. All is like goes in slow pase. And i forget. Not like what is says in somesites but i forget.

Does ANyone knows a strong (This amound i take or maybe a bit stronger) herbal or more safe pills to take that they wont make so dump the next day and still make me sleep like a log and they do not take long to make u sleepy

THanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you got these drugs on prescription, your doc must have really believed you needed some help with medication.

You have read the negative press about zolpidem?

I had them once and found them "fuzzier" than zopiclone. I've also had Valium and found it doesn't do a lot for my head in the morning, even possibly left me feeling socially withdrawn.

Do you really need this level of medication? I can't believe your doc won't be saying you need to find other means of solving whatever your crisis or problem is.

Herbal remedies, even valerian, won't come near the strength of the prescription drugs. Is zopiclone not available in your country (Australia?). What about Belsomra? – but I think I found some negative reports about interfering with orexin. Won't anything else help your anxiety? Don't try dothiepin/dosulepin – and the other tricyclics will probably leave you feeling worse the next day than the bromazepam. Also don't try mirtazapine.

• Posted

I have tried Xanax, lorans but they are anti-stressants. He had me on Stilnox from the biginging. I started with half (0.5mg) then 1 and then 2. I am from Cyprus. I do not know about these drugs. But i need to do something because i want to get ride of these meds, but without staysing up all night

• Posted

You may hava a difficult time coming off the meds. The only herbal medicine that could help is Valerian root. Some people take 500 mg and more. I heard that it wrks best when taken in the morning. It is rough on the stomach because is highly acidic. But firt you would have to deal with withdrawing from your highly addictive meds that you currently take. I hope your doc told you not to stop them abruply?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.