On the depression highway again

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is, I think, my fourth and deeoest fall into the dreaded land of depression. I swore the last time would be the last time, now I see I have been kidding myself on.

Mirt worked wonders for me last time round so it was an easy decision to accept this treatment now, 15mg starting tonight, 30mg in two weeks time.

They want me to talk to someone, take some sort of non-chemical therapy somewhere down the line. That's just not me.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I've been reading your thread, it may be you've gone deeper and back into the depression because you need both sides of the therapy, I know you said talking therapy isn't for you but both treatments go hand in hand and work so much better in the longer term, the main thing is finding a therapist that youre comfortable with that's is half the initial battle.. I'm better giving advice than I am at following it, but after suffering with this monster for years I've come to accept the that it is something I may have to live with for a long long time. I know some therapists are expensive but sometimes paying privately also is so much better too as you get none of this clock watching and none of the your time is up. You can beat this, you will beat this!

• Posted

Thank you andrew84796. I have lived as a recluse for the past nineteen months, only going out with my husband on the odd occasion to pick up some shopping. Mostly I have just waited in the car. My reluctance to see or speak to other humans has become so debilitating I am quite unsure how I can overcome it enough to take this form of treatment.

My doctor is signing me up for a computerised cognitive therapy course in the first instance. This lasts eight weeks and i'm told I won't need to actually speak to anyone.

That's all I know about it so far.

• Posted

I have to admit I have thought about that myself, like I said before you need to build a trust relationship with a therapist and that does take a time, I find it hard to open up to people, it often takes weeks to build that trust. Unfortunately it is only you that can break the cycle.. btw sometimes I give advice and because I don't sugarcoat things and wear rose tinted glasses it often gets me in to trouble... I prefer complete honesty, so if I do say something and it is cold and not too nice I apologise now, you can break the downward spiral and learn to recognise your triggers, cbt is the key and it goes hand in hand with the mirt, ( i can't use it as it makes me severely ill) but when you recognise these things you'll be on the road to recovery for the long term, it's not quick but just keep writing don't keep it inside!

• Posted

Ah, nothing wrong about giving it straight, I've been known to be a bit forthright myself....

I'll revisit the prospect of CBT after a few days. At the moment I am just eager to reach the point in the evening when I can start my Mirt and know that finally I can have a proper sleep.

• Posted

Hi Andrew, it's really made me ill too the Mirt that is, I stopped it abruptly after it caused me Night Sweats/insomnia. I'm at week10 now and I've had headaches as one of the many symptoms all the way through, I've just got really worried, I've had a few days of intrusive suisidal feelings that came over me from nowhere,

I've mentioned my w-d's to my family but I can't talk to them about this because I'm worried,

Is this still w/d's? Any feedback is needed at the moment

Thanks

• Posted

That's a good question, the honest answer is though; I don't know, I would say speak to your prescriber, in my case I had about 15 adverse reactions from small to almost fatal! I was on it for two weeks, it made me acutely Ill for at least a month maybe 2, only now am i able to walk again without pain or fear of collapsing, that is really for discussion in another thread! I won't be using it again though...

• Posted

Hello, yes definitely let yourself settle first before revisiting the idea, although as said before it is very much in your best interests to seek it out, even if it takes a few weeks, set yourself small goals to achieve smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.