On the discussion the forum About Amlodipine i have noticed that not many mentions ACE Inhibitors.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have noticed that most of us are talking about Amlodipine , i might be wrong but i think we might be missing some thing ,

As well as Amlodipine is a ACE inhibitor prescribed as well ,

One of the Prills  , Lisinopril/fossinopril or some other Ace.

Just me but i think it some how interferes with IRON Stores.

And going on dr google there it is , And i don't mean just Aneamia .on top of that  a Statin, then Water Tablet,Low dose Asprin ,Statin causes muscle ache,asprin causes stomache ulcers(if taken long enough)Water tabs Causes electolight inbalance, There is something wrong but which one!?,

Sorry for spelling mistakes  , Also Memory affected taking these MEDs .lol

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Right you are Anthony, the real problem is that people take anything and everything their doctor prescribes without question. It's almost like a game to see who can take the most of any regiment of drugs.  Until people do some research on what they are swallowing, I'm afraid nothing will change...

• Posted

Hi ann, 

thanks for replying, i probably would have never questioned my doctor if things was ok after stopping Amlodipine  , but then the headaches came ,dizziness,muscle aches, shortness of breath.brain fog (well had that some time lol) ,I asked for Alternative but she was over ruled by Consultant at Hospital , And i can't get to see him at Hospital till January (at this rate hope i make it till January lol)  There should  be a Doctor of Pills we could see, 

And yes we are all on some kind of experiment (sometimes feel  like a lab rat)  that saying is true THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW, Er don't think so , love the many but i don't want to be in the few not just yet, as SPOCK says Live long and prosperlol, Its life JIM but not as we know it. We should develop a Tricorder    . yes I'm a treky

• Posted

I take Amlodinpine and an ACE inhibitor Ramipril for my BP and also several other prescription and over the counter medications for other conditions.  Whenever my GP suggests or starts a new med I check a web site drugs.com which has tells you side effects and interactions with other medications, it helps to do your homework.  I've been taking both BP meds for 5 years with few side effects but good control of the condition.

• Posted

hi twiglet ,

I to had very few side affects for first 10 years, then slowly they crept up on me.my daughter says i am a crinkly now that's what happens to crinkly' s

but survival mode as kicked in i'm not ready for the pine box yet.

i to have been on drugs.com it is very good.So is yellow card scheme run by NHS, but for some reason i can't access there web site, I to used to just trust my doctors , but just reasonalty been studying about things myself on the net which i should have done years ago, I know Doctors are learned  people far more than i , I just did what doctor said but now i go through it a bit more like going on here Patient . thanks twiglet  you to must have had doubts about your own meds just like me,the more people talk the more we find out. If you were told stop taking Amlodipine tomorrow after all the years (no alternative just stop).Good luck Twiglet hope it still goes well for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.