On the mend

Posted , 3 users are following.

Celebrex didn't work but advil did. Walking definitely helps. I had 6 physio sessions which has helped big time and he explained that it's coming from my back. The fibres in between your spine get inflamed and go through the spaces in between your ribs. I went for a chest x ray and all is good. Taking a break from the gym is good but now I can go back but light weights only. For the pain my gp put me on lyrica which helped me sleep. Couldn't take them during work as they make me drowsy. Cutting down on them now and only take 1 advil a day. Just trialling this now. I do find that when I am stressed it hurt more and in the cold weather. But fingers crossed that I will be fully recovered soon. My original post was 2 months ago. If anyone has any questions please respond 🤗 Also heat bags helped and I had it on both sides. Janey

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello ok so how long have you had this ?

And what were your symptoms . I am too thinking of

Seeking a physio. Are you in the

States ?

• Posted

Hi Simon I have had it for 4 months. First on my left side painful ribs and especially under my left breast it was excruciating l actually thought my ribs were broken. My physio told me the pain is worse than broken ribs and it's the equivalent of a hamstring injury. Definitely worth seeing a physio especially a sports one. I am in Australia. I hope you get better soon. It can come on for no reason too!

• Posted

Thanks. Appears that in the states the

Doctors know little

About this. Look up Steve August . He

Created the back pod . It's a device for stretching. And many have had success with it . I ordered the product and he was nice enough to Skype me from New

Zealand . Go to you tube and type how to fix most

Costochondritus . You have not had it long so you will be up to speed in no time . I am using it still and anticipating great results .

• Posted

Mines flared up again back spine and ribs if I take a lot of pain killers they cause burning in my stomach any advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.