On the pill and depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm 15 and going through a rough time at the moment. Think I've got depression but don't want to go to the doctors about it because they will just think its because of the pill (which I admit has made it harder to cope with) except I've always had it. Don't really want to go into it but any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,

You did the right thing by coming on here and asking. I think you should consider speaking to the doctor, they won't necessarily put it down to the pill, depression is common in people your age & there can be many reasons for it but at least if you speak with a doctor he can let you know for sure what it is. You'll feel better knowing either way and then once you know you can deal with it. If you're not feeling comfortable enough to do that yet then maybe speaking to a family member or friend would help? Just don't keep it to yourself. You can always come on here for support too x

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for replying, I think I will see my doctor in the next few days. The funny thing is, I prefer talking to a doctor than to my parents or friends. Friends my age don't really care and i'm not in a good place with my parents (in a way where I don't talk to them)

• Posted

That's a really good decision you've made, you're already taking control and doing what you need to look after yourself and that's amazing. I'm sorry you don't have as much support as you should but talking to your doctor should help. Let us know how it goes, feel free to message me anytime x

• Posted

Wow your soo young I would suggest you write down your feeling on the notebook you can go into as much detail as you like just let all those feelings and thoughts out on that paper it has helped me and im 26 and been suffering for a long time .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.