On Tibolone 5 months now night sweats are back!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have been on Tibolone just over 5 months and it has been excellent. Last few weeks my night sweats have come back gradually worsening has anyone else experienced this ? Im on 2.5mg daily. Could it be sonething else or worsening menopause?

Be grateful for some advice, many thanks

Jane

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

iv been on Tiberlone for 15 years due to a hysterectomy 

8 years on 2.5mg a day and the rest of the time on 2.5mg every other day.

im now 57 and I don’t get night sweats but I sometimes feel like I’m burning from the in side out during the day.

it gets so intense I feel I’m going to combust.

it may have something to do with the menopause or maybe tiberlone isn’t the HRT for you, I was put on Premarin and it didn’t agree with me so went back on tiberlone 

so of not being a lot of help 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I couldnt give up Tibolone as still the best HRT Ive had compared with the rest , may just have to put up with it 🙁

• Posted

I totally agree if it’s only the night sweats and nothing else, to feel good the rest of the day out weighs them 

I don’t need a combined one and my gp tried me on estrogen only and I had a lot of side effects, so she agreed to put me back on Tiberlone after 15 years I didn’t feel the need to change.

hope the night sweats settle down for you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.