Once again Campral saves me

Posted , 9 users are following.

Most of you know me..and know in high times of stress..I can't function without drinking.....as most of us...

So..yesterday...really bad news impacting my finaces..ok, I will say it out loud..,.the insurance company that was paying me....for 2 years...has stopped my income (this would be the income I use to pay my mortgage..and everything else).

Needless to say...when I realized the magnitude of this...I was in immediate PANIC....I started crying....and my first thought was I need a DRINK..and guess what most of the reason they are using is because I have anxiety and depression and substance abuse..which they only pay 2 years for...

I have been for about 4 months...taking randoms...I talked to the lady today and asked..what about the probable MS and Lupus and the lumbar puncture I am going for????  That is NOT...depression/anxiety or alcohol.

So I can appeal.

Anyway...Campral was actually what made me NOT drink.  As I thought about drinking...envisioning it going down my throat...I really was kinda turned off by the thought....so I got more panicky and desperate...but because of this drug (I KNOW it is this drug)...I got thru it.

I will fight them....I will win...or I will deal with whatever....and do it sober....bless Campral.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Misssy,

I am so glad to know that you won this battle.  Keep going ... through the whole war !  I hope your appeal is successful ... you have a lot to contend with.

Blessings on you.

From your friend,

Angel 👭 

• Posted

Hi there...I have not WON....its a battle, some days harder than others...but as I said...my "soldier" in my fight is Campral right now. 

• Posted

I thought you had won this particular battle because Campral worked for you.  I have had it, in the past... failure.
  • Posted

I'm pleased for you Misssy. You won't like me for saying this, but if I had to place a bet, on the person least likely to succeed with Campral, because they would find an excuse to say it didn't work, well my betting slip would have had your name on it.

I am happy to be wrong.

• Posted

Thank you RHGB....."my betting slip would have had your name on it"...

YUP...And your right I was very skeptical of the pill...thinking..NO NOTHING will take away my don't give a flying F.....attitude when I am stressed to the MAX...and want to escape.

I'm glad this hasn't happened YET.

• Posted

Well done Misssy. You should be really proud of yourself - we all are 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.