Once again I am back

Posted , 7 users are following.

been very sick over the last week , just a very bad cold, but I am getting sick alot they tell me my imune system has taken a beating.. ny one have any ideas on a good way to get it back up again?

I did bing drink over the last several days but tomorrow is a new day smile 

I really hate the roller coaster ride I have been on sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue, hope you're feeling better soon!

How is your liver doing, did they tell you anything about that? Alcohol can beat up on your kidneys and pancreas too, so it's good to give it a rest for a bit. 

About how much per day do you drink when you binge? 

• Posted

Hi

I have been drinking 1.5 liters of wine a day

I had test done not to long ago, liver was ok,lacking vit b's so have been taking a high dose. 

I am back to work today, and going to try to quit once again.

I havent been taking vit. d so will pick some up and give it a try smile

thanks everyone for the suggestions

Sue

• Posted

Sue, there's a way to knock get your drinking under control, while you're still drinking. It doesn't take willpower, you just gradually lose interest in drinking, while you drink exactly as you do currently. If this piques your interest, then have a look here:

https://patient.info/health/sinclair-method-for-alcohol-use-disorder

Foreverfuzzy has been using the above method, you can see her progress here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tsm-nalmefene-selincro-trying-to-control-my-drinking--493058

If you have any questions about this, I'll be happy to share what I know, as I'm using this method too. I've cut down from a high of 15 US units per night (every night) to between 4-6 units over a 2 month period. As it's a gradual reduction, I've avoided detox, which is an added bonus. 

I agree with the others about the vitamins. You might want to take it easy with the Vitamin B complex, after a few days it can make me feel rather sluggish, but if that's not so for you, then keep on going with it.

In any case, best luck and good health to you!!

• Posted

Hi Sue

Sorry to hear that you are not well - I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are coping.  Are you taking plenty of vitamins and eating well?  Bananas are great if you find it hard to eat a huge amount.  At the least you need to be taking Vit B strong & Thiamine (sorry if you've already confirmed this - but I've been working all week so out of the loop!).  Obviously the best thing for your immune system is to cut down on the booze - hang in there.

Lorna x

• Posted

Agree with other posts. There is a thread by misssy about vitamin D. A lack of vit d in the body could be the result of heavy drinking. Taking a vit d supplement helps your immune system. Maybe see your dr for blood tests ie LFT and check vit d level.

Sorry you're not too good. It's difficult to give advice without knowing how much you are drinking and how often these binges occur.

• Posted

I think if you are wanting to stop drinking alcohol all together...a detox would be needed....But, if you do not feel ready to stop all together...it seems there is the alternative of the Sinclair method that is working for many here.

I can not drink ANY alcohol....so I had to do the detox route.

keep posting smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.