Once recovered do thoughts about anxiety linger?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Things are going great at 8 almost 9 weeks on citalopram after some pretty bad dips. I still worry daily about going back to square one even when I feel great. Will that fade over time?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes it lingers ..but it quickly disappears..your going to always think how you come this far..and how you felt before at least for me ..but with celexa you easily brush it off.
    • Posted

7 or 8 weeks, still have moments but feeling pretty good
    • Posted

I’m at week five and having ups and downs and morning anxiety. With a lot of mind chatter / intrusive thoughts.
    • Posted

At 5 weeks morning anxiety was almost unbearable for me and so were the thoughts. I had to take a benzo in the morning that week but soon after it started to fade now morning anxiety is almost non exsistent.
  • Posted

I'd say you're still in early days.  Once I recovered fully, I did not worry about the anxiety coming back at all.  You just start to forget about those negative thoughts because you feel normal and calm again.  I would say it most likely will fade.

• Posted

How long would you say it took you to recover fully,or till you felt fully recovered?
    • Posted

Hmmm, it's hard to say the exact time because it was 5 years ago that I went through my first dosage with Citalopram and had anxiety/panic attacks.

I remember it had started around Thanksgiving (I remember staying home and feeling miserable instead of visiting family) and then I went on medication.  By Christmas/New Years time (around a month) I believe I felt a lot better as I don't remember missing events/having a super bad time.  

I would guess maybe 3-4 months?  I wish I had an exact answer to give you.  I just remember it getting gradually better day after day (especially after 1 month).  Definitely under 6 months - and that's for fully recovered/feeling completely normal again.

• Posted

The first month is the hardest, they usually kick in properly with me around week 10. I've just finished 6 weeks and I'm better than I was a month ago but not anything like normal yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.