One dose complications

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just wondered if anyone has had a reaction like mine to this drug. I took one 150mg tablet on a night then the next day vomited pretty much all day. I developed an excruciating headache which lasted for two days. On the second day I eventually took paracetamol. I just waited until the slow release had released all the drug and then on the third day I was tired and weak, as I hadn't eaten or drank much, but felt myself again. I'm guessing this isn't the drug for me! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Tramadol, synthetic opitiate. Indication: moderate to severe pain. My recommedation reduce the dosage. In my case TKR post-operative, chronic pain. Plus low-back and hip-pain. 

I take half a capsule: 0.25 mg  with 500 mg Paracetamol washed down with strong coffee - no sugar! If pain is severe I take one capsule 50 mg. Never more!  Side effects: None. Appetite: Great. Sleep: No complaints. Finally. Walking: limping mode. Driving: great "I drive like the wind" Jack Nicholson "As Good As it Gets"    Best regards Bangkok-Johnny directly from Thailand.  

• Posted

I took 4 tablets over 24 hours, 1 at a time, and ended up having stroke like symptoms. I felt really confused and really weird for several hours then my left side went funny and my face drooped etc. It's a very strong opiate and not for everyone. I will never take it again! I ended up being off work for 3 months recovering and another 3 months phased return to work. Apparently they don't agree with everyone ..

• Posted

Hi

Only advice I will give you is stay away from Tramadol. There aare so many side effects & they are highly addictive. Read the threads on the forum. My story is on there. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been taking Tramadol for years , never experienced a problem i take One or Two Four times a day as an when required , so 50mg tablet so 2 of those i usually take , i only take them when i really need to ,have never found them addictive but that is like any tablet i take - i can come an go with them , I can though appriecate they are not suited to some , there was a pain killer i had before my GP put me on Tramadol that didn't agree with me - made me sick , queasy , etc .

• Posted

All I say is read the threads. Stop taking them for a couple of days & you might see what I mean. I did`nt think I was addicted, big surprise. My story of the withdrawal is on the thread.

• Posted

I only take them as an when i need to - am out doing alot of walking , i only ask for them on prescription as an when i need them - they are on my file as an occasional usage an that was my decision as i ended up having a backlog of tramadol tablets when on regular prescription as like i said i only use them as an when i needed to , i have gone months of not using them - during hot weather then restart again during the colder months but even now i am getting a back log again of unused tablets , i am on approx 12 different tablets a day an i also have Diazepam as an when i want a few an have sometimes gone days without taking them - when been unwell with a cold , etc . I appreicate that some people do become addicted an i feel for them x
  • Posted

Hi Buffy, yes I have heard of this. Firstly though I didn't realise Tramadol went up to 150mg. This was a very strong dose for your first time. I know a few people who have had a bad reaction from Tramadol. I'm sure you realise that you need a different pain killer. Preferably from a doctor who has more sense than to overdose you.

• Posted

Hi there Sorry to hear you were poorly on this drug ...I was going to try it but that's put me off .my freind takes it .shes okay on a low dose try a low one ..good luck and let me know how it goes for u I need it for pain in legs ,😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.