One episode maybe lead to more?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys. I'm 18 y.o female. A few months ago I took more than my prescribed medication (alot more) do not comment please I'm getting help and have MH issues.It was a stupid choice. WHen the paramedics arrived they grew concerned as I was in SVT. I'm tachycardic regularly and thats just the norm for me really. After being blue lighted to resus I was given beta blockers which decreased my heart rate a lot. It was 200. Is there any chance because I was in SVT after that that I will get it again?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi XoMonkey,

I depends on what triggers the SVT. In your case it is not known unless you get tests done starting with a Cardiologist. In my case, mine are triggered by PACs/PVCs (Extra heart beats - or what feels like skipped heart beats). Mine started about 20 years ago as PACs/PVCs. Then about 5 years later I had my first SVT. I got one a year, that lead to 5 a year, that led to 30 a year, and now over 50 for this year. It was the Cardiac Electrophysiologist who told me that my PACs/PVCs is what causes mine and they will increase as I get older. My choice now is to undergo an ablation. I am in the process of scheduling one. My advice is to start with your primary care physician and take it from there. 

• Posted

James offered excellent advice.  I do hope you take the best of care of yourself.
  • Posted

Excellent advice from james and james story is exactly mine. 30 yr history of pvc's progressing to svt 8 yrs ago and svt attacks progressing year on year. I am due ablation in 2 weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.