one eye becomes smaller than other

Posted , 2 users are following.

My one eye has become smaller than the other one. I don't know how but i can clearly see this in mirror and photos which looks so awkward. I am so depressed and confused . can it be happened ?? And what is the reason behind this?? Kindly tell me 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if you mean that one pupil ie the dark point in the middle of your eye, is smaller than the other?  Have you had any injury to your eye[s]? Do you use glaucoma eye drops? Do you have a drooping eyelid? If none of these apply to you,sometimes these things just happen.  However if the change of size continues you should consult a doctor.

Have you ever looked at a picture of David Bowies odd eyes? This was caused by damage to his eye.,Eye drops for glaucoma if only used in one eye can have this effect.  If your eyelid is drooping over your eye you should see a doctor as this can be a symptom of a problem with a nearby blood vessel.

• Posted

Yes. My left eye has become little droop .. Should i consult a doctor or will it be recover itself?
    • Posted

Yes, nimi......you should see a doctor. This could be a problem with the blood vessel and/or nerve which is near your eye. Your doctor may order some tests to find out exactly what is wrong.   Please dont be frightened...it may be nothing at all but you need to get it checked.

• Posted

I wanted to show you my eye picture. But i am unable to attatch it here 

Btw thank you so much marina dee smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.