One eye is turning outwards

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Ive noticed that one of my eyes is turning outwards.  I notice it especially in photographs.

What could this be and why?

Thank you

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Once I had noticed similar. Doc told me that the eye lid requires (possibly tightening or some thing like that) minor surgery if it is causing any problem which I did not agree. Thereafter I forgot about it. Possibly it is still there
  • Posted

Its called exotropia or strabismus.    In the first instance you could visist an optician for advice. If you are in UK you should visit your GP for advice. its a good idea to let your doctor know about it so that it can be monitored,  There is a procedure to realign the eye in the same way as a squint can be realigned but only an ophthalmologist [surgeon] can decide on that.
    • Posted

Hello

I managed to get an emergency optician appointment today.

She gave me the full works.  She said my eyes are straight - I had a special test.  She said if there were turning I would have double vision.

People havent noticed it it was ony when I took a photo that I saw it.

Im terrible though I automatically think the worse.

Thank you for your help.

Liz xx

• Posted

Hi I hope you can see this x
    • Posted

Yes Lizzie,

i think you have right eye exotropia.

you can see light reflection from both corneas .

it is nearly central in left eye while it is inwards in right eye denoting ight eye went outwards.

of course angle of camera and source of light in your place may be misleading , but primarly you have right exotropia

• Posted

Hi

But why would my opticia say my eyes are straight?

Im very confused.

I really appreciate your help x

• Posted

You should see squint ophthalmologist not optician
    • Posted

Hi

Im seeing another ophthalmologist next Saturday.  They have a hospital clinic there too so I pressume they must be good.

I also have a GP appointment the following week.

Youve been really great and i appreciate all your helpxx

• Posted

You are welcome. WOULD you please update me. HOPE you be happy all the time. P.s your eyes'color is just amazing.

• Posted

Thank you!

I will lt you know.

Again thank you for all your help xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.