One for the ladies - anxiety and implant

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ladies

need a bit of advice I had a little baby 4 months ago roughly about 10 weeks ago I had the implant Fitted into my arm as a method of contraceptive, I have suffered from a anxiety for about 8 years but have been on meds apart from when a was having my children

3 weeks ago my panic attacks and anxiety came back from no where just one day driving I took an awful panic attack. Since then it has turned into mild depression.  I am convinced it is linked to the implant my anxiety s sky high.  I am now back on my meds 20mg citlaopram and propanadol accompanied by 2mg diazepam when I need it which at the minute is everyday

has anyone else had a similar experience with the implant and should I have it removed 

thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey sparkly,

First of all congrats on your little one! I had the implant in for about 9 months before I had it removed. I did have my anxiety flare up a little but but mainly when I was due for my period it was worse. I got it taken out because of the extra weight gain i had from it from not having my period. Now I might have PCOS which I'm waiting to talk to the doctor about.

If you feel it is the implant than get it removed chick no point suffering with your anxiety for it. I went on a lower dose of my usual pill which hasn't caused anxiety yet but I've only been on it 3 days. I started on my period tablets to try to get my cycle back and so far no anxiety!

It's amazing what out hormones and stuff can do to our anxiety!

Hope you feel better soon though

Cassandra

• Posted

Hi I've just had my implant taken out yesterday thought it was that that was giving me anxiety although doctors say there is no link but have read a few story's from women linking there anxiety to it. Not sure if my anxiety was caused by mental trauma or when I had it fitted as it all happened at the same time but I'm trying to rule everthing out get to the bottom of it. No harm in getting it taken out and seeing if it is that, good luck smile
  • Posted

Hi girls

thanks for feedback, I have spoken to my dr and she is removing it on Tuesday, whether or not my anxiety has flared up because of it I want to rule everything out as I only had it in 2 weeks and my anxiety kicked off so will will see once it's removed how I feel

thanks again xx

• Posted

Goodluck chick hopefully your anxiety settles down for you after it is removed it might take a couple of weeks for your hormones and anxiety to settle down. Only time will tell aND atleast if it is the implanon you won't have to have the anxiety from it.

Wishing you all the best

Cassandra

• Posted

It's funny you should say this I had a baby 6 months ago and had an implant fitted and 2 wondered if it was that, that started my anxiety again, I'm now on 50mg of sertraline & 20mg propanranol, let me know if your anxiety settles after having it removed as

I would be more than interested and straight to the docs to have mine removed as I have often thought could this be the cause as I had it fitted after he was born and had bad anxiety ever since x

• Posted

I'm convinced they are linked, congrats on your little baby, how bad is your anxiety did you always suffer from anxiety, some days like today mine is pretty bad but I'm on 20mg citlaopram and 20mg of propanadol to stop my heart racing how long have you been on your medication?? Im on day 25 and I do see a slight improvement but mornings aren't good find it hard to get motivated x
    • Posted

Thank you, congrats to you too :-)

I have had anxiety on and off for about 4 years, it was really bad before I fell pregnant with this little one (I have a 4yr old to) then as soon as I found out I was expecting it all just disappeared for 8 months (as baby was 3 weeks early) nothing not a thing I was totally fine, had the baby then 6 weeks later I had the implant and my anxiety went ballistic from headaches to sweats, heart pulpertations, shakes and extreme dizzyness the list is endless I didn't even think that it would be the implant, I've had tests, scans seen consultants etc and nothing has come up however I have been taking the combination now for 5 weeks and I have finally started noticing a difference I feel so much better, so much calmer etc, I am going in to have a scan on my heart in 3 weeks and have a monitor for 24hrs but I do feel better but still not 100% and like u it's worse in the morning for me, I think when I next go to docs I will ask about getting the implant removed see if it's that! Did you have the nexus implant? X

• Posted

i am exactly the same I have a 5 year old too my anxiety was a wee bit up before I fell pregnant then nothing for 9 months I felt amaking then bang out of nowhere it came back big time 3 weeks after I had the implant fitted so i am having it removed in Tuesday as I can't function feeling so terrible.  I might be clutching at straws but I will try anything I had the nexplanon implant same thing I think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.