One minute poo normal mid brown next light brown

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, I have IBS, and diverticular diseas and have just got over a flar up, a mxture of both.  Thought stool was back to normal but this morning one was mid/dark brown (normal) and then I had a bit of runny stuff that was light, not clay coloured but more the tan colour of cardboard.  GP tested all my liver functions etc and said they we good, although checking orange urine, which she said is strange as not related to liver/kidney, may be food colourant of something.  Is it normal for poo to change colour just like that or should I be taking it seriously and going back to GP.  I am taking pro-biotics in pill form so not sure if they can cause this.  Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like your bile isn't getting released properly. Have you tried digestive enzymes with your meals?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply, I did wonder about that and have been having pro-biotics capsules with meals for last week or so and things do seem a bit better, so will keep taking them.
  • Posted

Hello

I have been told I have IBS for years.

They tried a colonoscopy on me a few years ago but failed to get past the first bend.

then a barium enema, which was ok

Then recently 7 Feb colonoscopy and this time managed to get all the way up, but they said that the bowel was not completely clear, but I did exactly the diet for two days prior you are meant too do and then also used the Picolax which is used to empty and cleanse the bowel. You dont eat anything past a certain time the day before either, so followed it correctly but even so bowel prep they put as poor.

With the first failed colonoscopy followed the bowel prep exactly as I was meant too and again put the bowel prep as before, has anyone else had this where it should all be gone but not? but you think all has gone as you have stopped pooing, or should say the spontaneous liquid diarrhea that just whooses out of you. then there is no more you dont pass anything, so how cant it be clear the bowel, dont understand can anyone explain that?

but back to what you are saying, sometimes my poo is a lot lighter colour and other times not black but very very dark brown.

I dont get clay coloured poo.

• Posted

Forgot to give you the details of the colonoscopy report from the 7 Feb.

Colonoscopy Report I was given on 6 Feb 17 said

Perianal lesions: 3 haemorrhoids (2nd degree) and skin tag within

Diagnoses

Haemorrhoids and mild degree of rectoanal intussuseprion.

Yet to be called back to the surgeon to discuss the findings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.