One month into Hypertension, High BP anytime i sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Inam 40, was diagnosed with hypertension a month ago with 160/110. Have been on Nifecard XL 30 ml. But BP normalizes 125/85 until i attempt to lie. when i sleep, BP rises to 140-150/95-100 with 100 Pulse, It happens at least 3 times a week and have to do breath ins and hang legs on wall to manage it at 135/90, which means no sleep. Sometimes, i am rushed to the clinic for instant BP reduction med. At least once a week. Why does my BP rise at night, even if i take my nifecard 30 XL in the evening? Why does my BP rise in the afternoon when i sleep? i am now afraid to sleep.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are taking a dihydropyridine calcium-channel blocker. This is not a favorite place to start people with high BP. Talk to your doctor about other classes of BP meds. Calcium-channel blockers can cause heart rhythm problems as side effects. ACE/ARB drugs are a much better bet, with additional beta blocker and/or diuretics as needed.

• Posted

i was put on Atacand (candesarta) 16 ml but i reacted with regular palpitations. Then i was switched unto Aetenolo (50 ml) which reduced my pulse too low to 60-69. The only one i seem to react less is Nifecard but, anytime i sleep, BP rises, esp in the afternoon

• Posted

Mine rises 4-8am and 4-8pm and after meals and when trying to lay down or sleep. Calcium magnesium B6 helps as does taking BP meds 1hr b4 bedtime. Also a natural Hormone called Melatonin 1.5-3mg helps take the sleep spike out of BP as I wake up stiff crampy unlike restless legs used to have now affects arms legs eyes face etc like sleep paralysis but tied to blood pressure during sleep. Try the above see if it helps.

• Posted

i have switched to Dilatrend 12.5 (cav) and us working but still pulse rises in my sleep, either day or night, disrupting sleep.

• Posted

Hi

Those number aren't too bad as long as they dont go on for days or weeks . My BP spikes to 210/140 and heart rate 140 -180.

Then i do get worried which makes it worse. try and relax. lie down and do deep breathing . Google deep breathing, there are a lot on you tube. very helpful. all the best.

• Posted

Hi

Those number aren't too bad as long as they dont go on for days or weeks . My BP spikes to 210/140 and heart rate 140 -180.

Then i do get worried which makes it worse. try and relax. lie down and do deep breathing . Google deep breathing, there are a lot on you tube. very helpful. all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.