One month post Botox - extremely down

Posted , 4 users are following.

so I'm having a really bad day today. The pain isn't half as bad as it used to be.. but to be honest, it may aswel be agonising again because I'm totally fed up and upset that Botox isn't healing my fissure. It's just blocking the pain and prolonging the inevitable in July once it wears off. I'm using laxatives as I should and trying to stick to water and vegetables. Why on earth am I not healing!? 

So so upset. 

(Fissure after childbirth - visible at 6oclock right near anal opening)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Really feel your pain sad I've not had Botox though! Waiting for operation number 5!

Have you had any other surgeries like; seton band or the plug?

Sending hugs xx

• Posted

What are those Hun?

ive only heard of LIS

My surgeon said that he could do Botox once more then would perhaps have to perform lis

How was yours caused xx

• Posted

30 % will require surgery.

The reason they dont heal is you bung hole gets so tight with spasams that blood cant flow properly to fissure to heal. Not to mention the constantly injuring every time you go to bathroom.

Just go for the surgery if doc recommends..

3 months ago I had the LIS operation and i am healed.

No problems . I could not be more pleased with outcome.

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

So sorry to hear about your fissure. It is such a horrible thing to deal with. 

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Myles I really appreciate it.

When did you get LIS? Im so frightened about this surgery and what to expect after the operation. Getting out to sleep for Botox was scary enough!

Xx

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

I want to first aplogize for taking so long to reply. I guess this got lost in my emails. 

I got my LIS around 3 years ago. So I had my fissure around 4 weeks before I decided to go for the surgery. The doctor gave me diltazem ointment to put on which basically was supposed to stop the spasming of the sphincter muscle. I didn't notice any difference in my case and when the doctor looked at it again,  he realized I had a chronic fissure and needed surgery. The recovery from the LIS surgery was not so bad considering the pain that the fissure caused me. After the surgery, I was in immmense pain, once the drugs wore off, and then felt a bit better. Going to the bathroom for the first time post surgery was the worst. It really hurt pooping, but afterwards the pain was nothing compared to that of the fissure. After that, I healed in around 2 weeks. Past the 2 weeks post surgery, the only recovery I had left was the mental recovery of learning to live without the fissure taking over my  life. It has been at least 3 years since my fissure. I have never had another one and the only  things I deal with occasionally are hemmroids which I manage. If you decide for the surgery, make sure to get a reputable doctor who has performed it multiple times. I highly recommend the surgery given you have a good doctor who knows what he/she is doing!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.