One month with 6mm kidney stone.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there-

6mm stone in my upper ureter. A little over a month ago had to go to the ER. So far not too much pain, i do feel some pressure in my groin area. Trying to pass this stone naturally, ive passed a 5mm stone before without a problem. Anyone have an idea how long these size stones take to pass? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don’t know what kind a quack doctor you’re seeing ,  you’re lucky you’re not in excruciating pain already why wait .?

.go for lithotripsy ... why wait ?

• Posted

Since i'm not in any discomfort, at least nothing serious he would like to pass the stone naturally. Believe me if i was in pain, i would blast this stone in a second. Going to give this a couple more weeks, lets hope!

• Posted

I wish you the best,

Kidney stones for me are a disaster, cause once pass the stone, anywhere from a week -2 months, my whole life is upside down, my work ethic changes, I don't eat well at all, constant stomach pain, and yes I even get the groin pain.

Try drinking water with lemon, make your own lemonade, and or there are some very natural lemonade on the market, like Nantucket necters check them out.

Besides that I can only wish you the very best, I know what your going through, earlier this year I passed @5-20 stones in a month, feel better.

• Posted

Thank you! Doing my best not to drive my self crazy. Luckily i'm not in pain. Boy, what a summer this turned out to be. 

• Posted

This sounds very familiar! I had a 5.5mm stone that was stuck in the lower ureter for almost 6 months! Due to not having insurance I had to just deal with it and thankfully, it FINALLY passed. I never had excruciating pain either, just lots of pressure and the lower it got lots of urgency symptoms. I always try lpts of things when I have kidney stones like jumping on a trampoline, sliding down the stairs, drinking water with lemon oil or fresh squeezed lemon juice, and this time I made a concoction of the organic all natural apple cider vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Not sure why it finally passed but it did! Hope you pass your stone soon!
  • Posted

Sorry to read this.  I’ve been there.  I have had three lithotripsy procedures which are not great - especially stent removal.  However they are necessary.

I have been told that stone size is inversely proportionate to passing probability.  In other words a 2mm stone has an 80% chance or passing.  A 7mm Stone has a 30% chance of passing, etc. assuming you have Calcium Oxalate stones, no drink concoction is going to do anything to dissolve them.  The idea sounds good but it’s a fantasy.  The stone will either pass or have to be removed.

Prevention is the key.  After three procedures I take prevention very seriously.  I drink a lot of water, avoid certain foods, and I take a few different meds.  I also go to a Nephrologist annually.   

Good luck!

• Posted

I suppose if you are not in pain then you do not want to have the stone removed surgically.

Watch out for Urinary Tract Infections and blood in your urine.

I had 27mm stone removed surgically in December last year.

When I told urologist I thought I might have passed it and had no idea how big it was he said "You've got about as much chance of passing that as I have of having a baby.!!"

Hope everything works out OK for you

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Day 49 and this thing PASSED! Oh man. Apple cider vinegar, stone breaker pill form and in liquid form, every day for almost 2 months. Relieved i don't have to get surgery. WHEW. Now maybe i can try and enjoy the rest of the summer. Thanks for all the help guys. I do really appreciate it!

• Posted

Well done.Keep drinking lots of water to prevent them coming back.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.