ONE MORE STEP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I am at the next stage of my reduction of pregabalin. I started this gradual reduction after realising I was taking such a high dosage (225mg AM & 150mg PM) that I became worried about the side effects. I have now reduced the dosage over the last 8 months going down in increments of 75mg at a time. I concentrated on reducing the AM dosage firstly as I did not want to change the evening dosage so as not to disrupt my sleep pattern. I have reduced the AM dosage to 75mg (-150mg) and I now have reduced the PM dosage to 75mg (-75) from last night.

I have not had a major disruption to my life, I have been sorer overall but nothing that I could not get used to over the weeks. I am glad I took things easy and did not rush my easing of my dosage, I think this is the secret. Support from this site has been very helpful, thank you all.

Watch this space..................................!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

That's great news, glad to hear you have come down ok, well done. You can drop down by 25mg the lower you get before coming off to help with withdrawals if you get any...

• Edited

Glad to hear it is working out for you ok.

When you was on 375mg was you getting side effects, or you decided that you felt could be issues down the line?

I have been reducing my dosage as well, was on 150mg (75mg am& pm), started the reduction in January, now I am on 50mg (25mg am & pm), though at that stage where I will try to come off the Pregablin completely though the symptoms which I originally took it for (suspected Fibromyalgia, still not diagnosed) might start coming back, so a bit of trial and error.

• Posted

Hi Nesty,

I had some side effects but nothing that I could not manage. I feel it was helped by the reduction being over such a long period. This last reduction of the PM dosage from 150mg to 75mg has given me a slightly uncomfortable nights sleep. This is getting better over the week and I'm sure will correct itself down the road. I was always concerned about the night dose as I feel that you can cope with many things if you get a good nights sleep.

Well done you I'm impressed with your resolve. I have peripheral neuropathy so I do not have neurological problems, like depression, etc., so I am not so sure I would be as successful if I had these type of problems, mine is purely pain relief.

Good luck and I'm pleased to know that I can get smaller dosages like 50mg and 25mg as I was not liking the fact that I might have to go from 75mg to zero.

• Edited

Hi

Glad it going ok for you, so with your reduction has your pain come back?

The 25mg I had to specifically request, as often the Preg comes in 75mg capsules.

The thing which I am most interested in, not sure if you know? How does your brain chemistry revert back, once off it?

I suppose my brain has gotten used to the Preg, so I assume even coming from 25mg to zero still might be a big jump, does brain chemisrty revert back to how it was before? I remember starting Preg and getting a massive hit of feeling as it started (I assume changing the brain chemistry) the process.

• Edited

Hi,

This is just my way of dealing with the withdrawal. I know something is going to happen, it has to! We have been on a strong drug and taking it away MUST have some effect on our body/mind. That's the BAD news! The GOOD news we KNOW its going to happen and we can respond and put it in its place!!.

In my instance, if I missed a dosage I was feeling 'gloomy,' NOT depressed just gloomy and I was not aware what was happening until I realised it was me missing my Pregabalin dosage. That's hen I realised I had to get of this drug.

So I just said its not a real feeling its the drug, I put a smile on my face and got on with something which pleased me, reading, watching TV, going for a walk, ringing someone nice (in my case it was my daughter) or anything that pleases you. It might be painting or digging the garden WHATEVER as long as it distracts you.

Yes, your mind can heal itself, it is the most powerful computer in the world and nothing is beyond it. We can control our body we are our body, we are strong.

Your own your life, let nothing take it away from you.

Good luck and there are many like you and I so we are not alone.

• Edited

Nice message, good information about the mind as it is strong!

Give us the updates how you doing in the long run.

Take care have a good Easter and and stay safe.

• Edited

Good that you have got so far down the path to getting off this dreadful drug. I am 4months into trying to get off it, as it did nothing for the nerve pain I suffer from. I am still suffering nasty withdrawal symptoms this far in and the fact that there is more to come is daunting. Your 8 months time scale has filled me with gloom that I may still have another 4 months feeling so ill.

Keep going, and I hope continue being able to function.

• Edited

I am 5 days off Pregabalin (plain zero) now , so far kinda ok, though yesterday had some strange tingling, though tbh I am expecting a reaction of some kind, as I read it can happen weeks after you quit.

It was difficult to say if Pregabalin it was helping me or not?

Though, I have read many, have a real bad time coming off this drug.

Hope you can eventually get off it, in the end.

• Posted

Thinking of you at this tough time, your can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.