One night of no sleep can cause tiredness for days?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So last Saturday I was at my brothers and literally had 2 and a half hours sleep that night and was up early to get a train home to my kids. I didn't go to bed until 10:30 that night either. But since Sunday I've been feeling so tired. Like I'm getting around 7 hours sleep a night maybe waking once. I haven't done much this week hardly been out so maybe that isn't helping. But I will be sitting there feeling like I could just sleep there and then but can't as have to little ones to look after. This has only been since Saturday with no sleep. Does it take the body and mind days to catch up with sleep? Making me feel anxious that I feel so tired.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your body is probably trying to replenish you I suffer from insomnia as well and when my body finds a way to put me to sleep even if I sleep more hours I'm still exhausted like a walking dead zombie lol the longer you stay awake your body has an inflammatory response and it affects your brains and nerves so the sleep may be healing what was damaged
  • Posted

You may be in fight or flight mode too often and that does a wear and tear so that's why your body wants you to sleep its the only way it can relax
    • Posted

Thank you for your explanation that really makes sense! Think my brain needs a break from all the worrying I'm doing.
    • Posted

Try some tea yoga meditation look up sleep meditation on YouTube or relaxation
  • Posted

Take time to relax during the day, but also find something to do to stay active to fight the fatigue! Eat healthy and take walks/runs smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.