One of my armpits keeps leaking a clear liquid every 2-5mins.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is a bit of an odd one, which I have looked everywhere for an answer, but have had no luck so far! 

Basically about 3 weeks ago, I noticed what I thought was sweat trickling from one of my armpits. I have NEVER had this before, nor am I an overly sweaty person in general. On closer inspection, I could not see any signs of a blocked pore, rash or lump. There is no discomfort - only a bit to my confidence when I have a lone 'sweat' patch. 

The liquid is clear and doesn't have any smell to it. It is very thin and isn't sticky. I would describe it as water if I didn't know better. 

I am 22 years old, boarder line underweight, currently giving up smoking but otherwise with a clean bill of health. 

Does anyone know what this could be!? I don't want to waste my GPs time over something quite trivial.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

'No Hannah!

I can't imagine what that could be! You definitely need to have it looked at though... Have you had an annual Physical? He could do it as a part of that exam, or you can always make an appointment. I know it may sound "unimportant", but fluids typically do not leak from one part of the body unless there is an issue... Always remember, You are paying the GP for his service regardless of the reason!

Good Luck

• Posted

Hannah,

I don't have a clue to why just one part, but I was having some issue's a while back where I would just be sitting feeding a patient and I would literally have sweat dripping off my eyelashes and didn't understand why but this went on for years and come to find out it was one of the medications that I had been taking and I was contributing this to something hormonal when it was actually my B/P medication and I got that switched and everything is back as it should be. I think if it's just coming from one side and not the other the first thing you would think of or I would think of is a gland somewhere that has gone haywire. Susan is right go to your General Practitioner and tell them the story and surely there's some kind of test to see what the problem is. I wish you well and hope things get figured out as to what this is. Keep us posted. God bless.

• Posted

I think I might just do that, both you and Susan are amazing for taking the time to respond. I'll let you know as soon as I do. x

• Posted

Hannah,

?     I know most doctors don't think before they put you on something and mine sure wasn't thinking. I have Thyroid problems also and they put me on a blood pressure medication that can cause you to retain weight especially if taking with certain other medication also one of the side effects could be excessive sweating and just like you said it doesn't have an ordor and just looks like water but it is aggravating to be doing that all the time and your hot even in a room that a normal person would be cool in and you could freeze everyone else out because you are so hot. Yes let me know how it goes and what you find out. God Bless and have a good day.

• Posted

heyy! so what ended up happening cause all of a sudden the same thing is happening! it’s like i have a leaky armpit but it’s not sweat it doesnt smell or anything like that. it reminds me of like water but a slight slight slime. please lmk if you found anything out! thank you!!

• Posted

it’s possible that it could be your lymph nodes, which are very important that they’re flowing correctly as they filter toxins out of your body. Lymph (is what the fluid is called) is a breeding zone for bacteria which puts you at higher risk for things such as cellulitis. I would see your GP and he’ll order the necessary tests, until then if you haven’t already solved the problems that is.. also lots of leafy greens, and supplements such as milk thistle, ginger root, and garlic (pending Dr. approval of course,) and excercise! Lymphatic drainage massages also help as long as you have no active infection .. your doc will guide you accordingly. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.