One of those days...

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's just been one of those days when I find myself apologising to people for being ill and not being able to do the things we'd planned....why don't they just get it??

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that happens all the time to me, people not understanding what we are going through is pretty frustrating.
    • Posted

Thanks Emma. I suppose it's chin up, tomorrow is another day.
  • Posted

Hi sueliz;   yep me, too.......I don't understand how "it can go from not understanding, to then making you feel guilty because you could/can't do".......such and such.....it becomes a Vicious Cycle.......just can't win.....Bron
    • Posted

Hi Bron, thanks for your reply. Think I'll try what jcnps suggests and not apologise for being ill next time. I wonder if we do, will it change people's attitude? Who knows?
  • Posted

Maybe you need to stop apologising for being ill??   I have - ok took me a while but it has certainly made life easier

Doesn't stop me saying sorry for not being able to carry out plans sometimes but that is vastly different from apologiing for the state that I am.   

I have to remind myself about this sometimes and remember that saying 'no' is ok and not a sign of weakness.

If people don't understand that is their problem not mine...not an easy situation but better than me feeling guilty for being ill when that is beyond my control!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, good point well made, you're right to make the distinction between our illness and inability to carry out plans. Thanks forsharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.