One of those days

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies!

I just came off my period yesterday and I had been having weird symptoms leading up to my period like tingling sensations all over. Today I woke up feeling like I had the flu. I was achy all over. No fever or coughing or sneezing. My anxiety had been up today which made me even more nervous. I checked my bp and it was normal but my pulse was like 92. Have any of you had a pulse reading like that with a normal bp?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes, anxiety will for sure make your pulse go up in number. Very normal. If you take it again, focus on something happy and breathe through your nose, your pulse rate will hopefully go down. Also if you're walking around and take it right after doing something, that will give you a higher number as well.
    • Posted

Yes I was up and walking around a bit before I took it. I had also just taken some acetaminophen before I took it, don't know if that could have had anything to do with it. Thanks for your feedback.
  • Posted

Yes i have. I have been having menopause bleeding again and all day yesterday my stomach was all gasy, i was having diarrhea it was rumbling like crazy couldn't keep anything in my 

Don't know what caused it was sick all afternoon yesterday 

• Posted

hi shar.  I have just finished period myself yesterday and pulse has been fast all day, up to 97 bmp, yesterday and today. It happened last month also and went to doctor who said bp was fine but heart a little fast.  bp normal too.  It's just the racing heart thing that I hate and makes me feel uncomfortable and sicky.  weird aches coming and going in shoulders, arms, back of knees.  So sick of it but not glad you're suffering like this but glad it's not just me though.  I find it settles again for the second week.  

you're not alone in this.  awful.

• Posted

Oh thank God! Like you said, it's not to rejoice in another person's ill feelings but it's good to know we're not alone. I thought there was something wrong with my heart.
  • Posted

sharcerv.............the flu like symptoms can be down to several things,chronic fatigue, down on fluids, or, down on electrolytes salt, magnesium, potassium, blood pressure rises when were lying, then comes down when we get up, especially if we come to a sudden stop after exertion, so test your blood pressure again because when bp is low, it makes heart beat faster, take it whilst sat down in a resting state when heart feels pretty even paced to get a true picture, if your anxiety is up though, heart will be fast, and bp will be raised slightly, low magnesium can make you  anxious and irratible, but, so can low salt, and low sugar levels.
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine! I do need to take more magnesium. I used to and I stopped because the vitamins I was taking already had some in it.
    • Posted

sharcerv...............yes ive done that myself, sometimes its more convenient taking it all in one multivitamin,the problem is as well, if, your symptoms settle after your period if your still having them, you think your ok, which, we are, but i dont drink my water the same, or, stick to my diet, i start over doing things again,  then bang it jumps up and bites us in the backside again,  and were back where we started, then we cant remember what we were doing when things were good..............ha thats been me anyway. 
    • Posted

No that sounds just like me. I'm inconsistent with taking my vitamins, inconsistent with drinking water, and inconsistent with my diet. So it's no wonder I feel out of whack! Like you said you try to get back into your routine but then you don't remember what you did in the first place.
    • Posted

Memory...do we have those? Oh yea, I forgot! Drinking water is so hard for me. I can eat a Whole meal, snack and not get thirsty.
    • Posted

Yes I am the same way. I can go all day long and not drink one glass of water. I don't get thirsty until night time and that of course leads to me having to get up in the wee hours of the morning to use the bathroom.
    • Posted

Me too! If I get thirsty....IF...it's Always right before bed and I'm going to the bathroom too.
    • Posted

Try sipping your water every ten mins, that should stop the weeing, if your going anyway even when sipped, your hydrated, its a sign that your diluting your salts then so you will go more, but cant understand how going so long without drinking your hydrated, but everyones body is different.
    • Posted

I do drink liquids with my meals. I just don't consume enough water until night time when I mysteriously get so thirsty.
    • Posted

remember............if your inner temp is high, you will dehyrdate,andt hats why you get thirsty, its your body telling you to drink, drink in between meals, sip your water every ten mins to keep yourself rehydrated, if you dont, your  inflammation will increase in your nose, and it will block more as a result, also, you need to keep a bottle of water by your bed when your having a flare, especially if you have night sweats, you need to replace what you lose, otherwise it will affect your allergies, in the morning check the colour of your urine, it will be darker than normal, but as soon as you take water in it will change to a paler colour, which means you are rehydrating, if it goes very dark almost brown, you are severely dehyrdated but your mouth will be completely stuck together, so you will know, but dont over drink either, im only really talking when your having a menopausal flare up, dont drink anymore than 2/3litres per day, if you over drink water, you will mess your salt balances up, then you will have to start taking in salt, but you should get all the minerals you need if you drink the right amount of water, but no harm in taking extra supplements, like vit d, b6/12, magnesium good one, potassium you can get from eating bananas, salt you can get from tomato juice, or marmite if you like that, or put extra salt on your food, dont overdo the salt if you have high blood pressure, can be bad for you then, so cant advise you to take in loads of salt, and if you gulp the water during the day, it will come straight out and do no good, so sip it, but if you have a night sweat during the night, its ok to gulp a small glass of water, your body will need it then due to how much you have dehyrdated, you will be suprised how well drinking water can make you feel during a flare up of hormones. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.