One Ovary, life afterwards

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello ladies, i have been reading these forums for about a year now. Last year in December i woke up to excruciating pain in my left side, i thought i was dying 5 hours later i was under the knife to remove my left ovary and tube due to torison. Im sure some of you could imagine my shock. The doctor said she would do her best to save my ovary but the cyst was just too big, 12 cm. First, i want to thank you and command you all beautiful women for being so strong and relentless with the cards we have been dealt with ❤️ my question is for women years after this surgery what has your life been like? Any depression? changes in memory? sex drive and quality? heart and bone health? just overall well being? did life ever come back to the way it was prior to this surgery? The only reassurance i can find online is still being able to conceive with one ovary, which is a miracle of its own, but i am more worried about the overall well being of being a woman. i am going through some emotional turmoil and having a hard time coping with this surgery and all of the articles i have been reading online about the possible doom of my future. so ladies if you could take a moment out of your day to let us know how your life has been impacted if in anyway since this surgery i would really appreciate it. ❤️

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Polina,

I'm sorry you are going through this. About ten years years back I had a dermoid cyst about the same size and I had it removed. It was causing terrible pain. After I had the surgery I was no longer in pain, but recovery was about 4-6 weeks. I didn't experience any of the symptoms you've listed. They were also able to save my ovary and only had to remove a piece. Doctors recently found another cyst (6 cm) on my right ovary and I'm going to have it removed within the next two or three weeks. I have terrible pains throughout my body, nausea, and I get severe acid reflux. I can't wait to have it removed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.