One pill - horrible reaction

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took one 37.5 mg xr pill and ended up in the emergency room with every side effect. I am now recovering. This was three days ago. I'm still not feeling myself and am feeling like I'm in a fog with a lot of anxiety and depersonalization. I'm afraid that this may be ongoing as it's already technically "out my my system". What are your thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi staceykins smile

sad to  hear your initial goof venlafaxine hasnt been very nice so far. if your still  getting this after a few weeks go to your doctor. these drugs are somthing you need to not just stop without help so try and stick it out i am still on 37.5mg of venlafaxine  xl obne a day i styarted off with bad side affects as well but they do calnm down. my anxiety although still there im much calmer than i was and dont cry all the time like before. if you feel you need help while taking this you should say but i would hope your experiance so far will calm once your brain chemicals balance out again.

take care moo xa

• Posted

Hi Staceykins, it must have been horrible to face those side effects and I hope you are a bit better now! I had a good experience of Venlafaxine over two and a half years and only got horrible " brain zaps" for a couple of weeks on weaning off them I guess it is medical advice which can help but I did take the six weeks 'talking therapy ' alongside my Tablets so maybe this could help you too? all the best with whatever comes next!

• Posted

Thanks, I had seratonin syndrome as well as withdrawals...It's been an awful last six days just from the one 37.5 mg pill. I am now having lingering anxiety attacks that last for most of the day, a brain that feels like it's in a balloon, and other knock-on issues. Basically I feel like I've lived out Stranger Things the last week. I had no idea that this could have happened.

• Posted

Hi Staceykins. You should be in close contact with your GP,  since coming out of hospital. They should be able to help you with the anxiety, like Diazepam. Drugs can take longer than you think to leave our systems. Who prescribed the Venlafaxine? An alternative will need to be found, when you feel better. Starting on a very lose dose. Although, it will be natural for you to feel apprehensive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.