One side of my neck is bigger

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im 16 years old and i found that one side of my neck is bigger then the other i dont have any pain is this normal or should i be worried?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean by bigger?

Is there a growth, a lump and is it just a slight difference from the other side?

if there is no pain you don't remember ever injuring it and doesn't prohibit you from doing your daily activities I wouldn't worry about it.

We all have slight to moderate differences from one side to the other.

• Posted

The its not a lump but the  whole half left side is bigger then my right. I have had no injury and no pain  and i dont find any troble brething. Could this be a muscle?
  • Posted

The its not a lump but the  whole half left side is bigger then my right. I have had no injury and no pain  and i dont find any troble brething. Could this be a muscle?
    • Posted

It either could be muscles in one side are spasming and therefore look bigger, or maybe it is just how your body grew. A lot of us tend to have one half different sized- My entire left side is different sized than my right. One of my breasts is larger one of my feet is half sized larger, one of my arms is stronger and noticeably bigger too etc. If really concerned might wish to just ask a Dr for peace of mind however. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.