One sided breast and underarm pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old female looking for some support and answers. No immediate family with bc history. This is a very long post but I want to be thorough. 

September 2016- started birth control 

January 2016- right breast inverted nipple surgery (present my whole life, always more dense and sensitive than left, healed with no complications)

March 2016- armpit & arm discomfort began right side (non cyclical breast tenderness, dull aches, stabbing pains, heavy, swollen feeling in arm in am, got harder to do things with hand as day progressed)  

August 2016- started new job at daycare. Had multiple sinus infections and viruses that I attributed to new kids. Took multiple rounds of antibiotics throughout year. Eventually stopped getting sick. 

October 2016- informed gyno with issues during annual visit (small painful pimple like bumps and deepened lines under right armpit appeared) was told it was from shaving and deodorant 

October 2016- January 2017- bumps diminished & pain seemed to go away (some cyclical pain present) 

April 2017- ekg, chest X-ray, and blood work all came back normal from stress related chest pain on left side which has since subsided 

July 2017- performed self exam on right breast and armpit during vacation, all previous pain and bumps returned (armpit looks slightly swollen, but not sure what a lump is supposed to feel like)

July 2017- returned to gyno about returning symptoms 

August 2017- sonogram of area, came back normal (healthy dense breast tissue). Doc said unexplained breast pain or hormonal changes can radiate to armpit. Gave suggestions to help with pain ex. evening primrose oil & vitamin e. 

Now- looking for answers. Only other physical symptoms are some light bruising from underwire around breast. Worried about ibc. Doc said usually cancer does not develop in lymph nodes first but spreads later. What tests should I have done going forward? Mri, biopsy, or could it possibly be something like a cyst, blocked sweat glands, or nerve. Worried bc only one sided but this breast has always been different. Also wondering if this is a side effect from surgery such as infected ducts etc. Please let me know if anybody has any knowledge of what is going on. I have extreme health anxiety and have had a very stressful year all around. Need some results to put my mind at ease. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess, If you could possibly afford to go see a Gyno privatly i would, they normally will see you after inital private consultation via the NHS, but it is a way to not have all this waiting around, my mother in law did this years ago and she was told shed have a 3 month wait on NHS for urgent Gyno Apt. 

​I wish you all the very best and hope everything resolves itsself quickly.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm going through the same thing. It runs in my family and I have tried all sorts but it never fully goes away. Have you had any update or improvement on this?

I find that it's worse around my period and when I am ovulating and that shaving and deorderant make it worse.

Thanks

Carlie

• Posted

Hi Jess. I read your post and was hoping you found some answers. My daughter is 12 and she has been experiencing the same pain. She first started her period when she was 10. Since then She hasn't had a regular cycle. But the past few months she has noticed that her left breast is considerably larger than the right. Enough so that she can't wear her regular bras. She's been very embarrassed because it is very obvious that the left side is a lot bigger. She's been having a lot of pain with that side also and armpit pain. She has an appt with my gyno on the 22nd of this month. Today she was crying because of the pain and her hormones since she's on her period probably isn't helping. We're both extremely worried. So if you have any ideas or can share what you found out that would be great. Thank you.

• Posted

Have you received any information regarding this.   It sounds exactly like what I have.  1 question. Under the arm u said pimple like bumps, in the same place or all over? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.