One small doubt about lP

Posted , 7 users are following.

How did you get oral lo ???

Can I know that

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If only we knew ! Doctors don't even know why or what causes it or how to cure it ! X but if you have it it's no joke for sure it's almost as bad as having aids it's eats away at you x

• Posted

I’m not sure how I got it but I know that smoking made it worse & a biopsy revealed precancerous cells. I got such a fright at that result that I quit smoking & the lichen planus cleared up eventually. 

It has returned a few times and on those occasions it was definitely triggered by stress. 

• Posted

So, smoking is related to LP???

I live in LA and Noooooooo doctors know what this is! It’s been awful. Does anyone experience numbness in tongue too?????

• Posted

In my opinion functional medicine doctors are the best doctors for any autoimmune disease because they believe in getting to the root of the problem. They say inflammation is the source of autoimmune and that can be from food sensitivities, heavy metals, environmental toxins and genetics. A low inflammation diet is a good start. Unfortunately most insurance does not cover functional medicine however I recently found a functional chiropractor who does except my insurance and he treats autoimmune diseases. Also the functional docs are working on an insurance plan that should be available soon! They are making great advances! Let’s all pray and keep our 🤞🏼 that it happens soon!

• Posted

Hi there! Would you mind sharing contact info for your chiropractor? 
    • Posted

Totally agree !! My homeopath in England has helped me no end xx
    • Posted

Hi Suzy89574,   I agree with your dental concern. I have 5 root canals and 2 old silver fillings left. One of my oldest root canals is causing occasional pain  which probably means an infection and they have proven your dental health directly affects your heart and body’s health. It is still difficult finding a dentist that understands this! I’m looking but haven’t found yet! Also if you email me I will give you the chiropractors info. I don’t think I can give direct info on here.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi Mary ,can you let me know ,if homeopathy helps you please,I think about homeopath  ,my mouth is so bad ,can you give me some advice please.Thanks 
    • Posted

Yes she gives me Merc 200 and sil 200 which really help reduce bad flare ups but I wouldn't say cure it totally !

• Posted

Wish I knew but it’s onset was when I had work done on a tooth. All dentist discount my theory that this procedure is what caused me to break out. I am desperate for answers! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.