One Swab results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so the one swab tested for bacterial vagnosis panel, Candida panel, there were four different candida. I was positive for one candida. And it also tested for aerobic vaginitis. Aerobic bacteria are group b strept, e. Coli, staphylococcus and enterococcus. The BV and AV panel test for four types of lactobacillus: L. Crispatis(I was positive) , L. Jensenii sadI was negative) , L. Gasseri sadI was negative) , L. Iners sadI was negative. 

I know we are supposed to have all four of these lactobicilli present to have a healthy peroxide forming vagina. So I found a probiotic by jarro-dophilus women , purple and white (not pink) box that has three of these lactobicilli. The L. Iners I will order by itself or try to find a good probiotic that has it. Wish me luck ladies. I’m really trying to fix this imbalance. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had similar problems for two years. I finally found an online forum that addresses the issues naturally: with honey, vinegar and probiotics. The forum is called whole woman village forum. Here’s a quote explaining why vaginal probiotics aren’t very effective: “Overwhelming scientific study suggests that the vaginal probiotics probably won’t help because they won’t become established as a natural ecosystem. They won’t become established because they are not native to your body and your environment. I suppose they might make the vagina more acidic, which might allow a more beneficial community to develop. At your age, without vaginal honey the microbial community that develops in both your vagina and bladder is coming from your rectum.” I know it may sound too good to be true, but honey does work.
    • Posted

I will try honey. Yes , the probiotics are took orally and then migrate from rectum to vagina over a period of time. What kind of honey ? 
    • Posted

Plain raw, organic honey—does not need to be Manuka Honey. And you only need a tiny bit for each application. Just put a small amount on the tip of a finger. Insert it as high up in the vagina as you can, and then sort of spread it around to coat the vaginal walls. It will soon work its way back out, so you will need to use a light-day pad or a folded paper towel. But I recommend not leaving the pad there for too long. I discard the pad as soon as the honey has come back out, to allow plenty of air flow. I had immediate relief when I started using honey. In particular, the bad odor went away. Also, honey has a moisturizing quality which was quite soothing because I had had a problem with dryness and irritation.  I cannot say for certain that I am cured, but I am symptom free now, and that’s good enough for me. I believe that using honey will restore proper balance to my vagina. I was also having bladder problems, and I believe using vaginal honey has improved that issue as well. I will continue to use  it regularly, as needed… Probably forever.😊

• Posted

Are you having sex or abstaining ? I am 34 and married. My husband doesn’t understand At all. 
    • Posted

I am having sex. It’s a bit easier for me because I have a female partner who is perhaps more understanding than a guy might be. I’ve noticed that when I use honey twice a day, I have no vaginal pain from dryness. (I’m 60 years old, 5 years post-menopause, and sex had become pretty painful due to dryness and, I asssume, thinning of my vaginal walls.) I believe that poor hygiene on my partner’s part may have caused me to get BV in the first place, so now I insist on thorough washing of anything that’s going to be inserted. And I insert honey afterward for good measure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.