One thing after another....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies, hope you're all keeping well amidst this meno mayhem. After coming back home from having 2 wks away I've suffered horrible anxiety, why I don't know, always seems to happen & it takes several days for me to settle. I saw my Dr who gave me Effexor but after just 1 low dose tablet I suffered more sickening anxiety, so horrid, scary etc. Mornings can be a trial, feelings of nausea, strange chilly faint sensations & hunger plus IBS like symptoms....didn't have these when I was away.  Is this normal? is it just menopause? Don't know what to do anymore, I'm continuing with Livial(Tibolone) Will all of this ever end? Will I ever feel well again? Has been about 13months since my last period, do things get worse before getting better? am I now stuck with sickening anxiety etc? I'm just miserable 😢 Had another round of blood tests, wonder what the results will reveal.

Look after yourselves xo

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness, Nan! I have been battling horrible anxiety for about a week now. I have had anxiety in the past but it's been unusually heightened for no known reason. I ended up in the ER this week with horrible heartburn and anxiety. I have been depressed, aching chest and back, weird feelings in the back and side of my head. It's awful!

I keep thinking maybe I'm getting closer to my final period. These symptoms just get more intense.

• Posted

Hi, hope you're feeling ok. I've had so many symptoms but this anxiety is sickening & scary. I can sometimes have a few good days then wollop it all starts again & it's days of being so off with weird head sensations, low blood sugar feelings, horrid hot flushing that rushes through me, all sorts of frightening feelings...makes me scared my last days have come! 😞 I've often wonderedif it does all get worse before getting better.

Keep Well, hope your anxiety has settled.

• Posted

Hi NuttyNan, Yes I think the anxiety thing does get better even without HRT. I'm just about 3 years without a bleed and I think I was probably less anxious this year.

I have begun HRT. Which has made an improvement to the anxiety. Some days I feel quite normal.

Last year was awful and medication didn't seem to improve my anxiety or depression as much as a month on HRT has.

I was feeling on edge all the time like I couldn't relax and my sleep was terrible as well. I was prescribed tibolone in April this year but the GP said to stop taking it when I began to suffer breathing problems. Even then in that three weeks I had some improvements in sleep and mood.

I'm now using oestrogel and utrogestan which are more bio identical than tibolone (which is synthetic) and I'm buying my own testosterone from Australia as my GP will not test for it or prescribe it.

• Posted

Hi how are you?  Thank you for replying, I've been taking Livial(Tibolone) for a month now so I'm living in hope the anxiety etc will eventually settle....even better disappear! LoL  not sure how long it takes for these tablets to fully kick in. Is it true, so I've read, that the first year of meno symptoms can be intense? Bio identical or synthetic...very confusing 😒  do you live in Australia?...the things us women have to put up with or go through aahhh sigh!  

Take Care, keep well. 

• Posted

Hi nuttynan I truly hope we all get through this, it is a nightmare I have been experiencing horrible things my hands are hurting have a weird sensation under my rib my Anxiety kicks off with a bang some days are better than others but for the most part it's through the roof my emotions are all over I cry then I'm angry it's a roller coaster I to have the crazy feeling in my stomach my head Lord I tell you we go through so much it's horrible but please let's keep in touch to share our experience good luck with everything
    • Posted

My GP told me that any untoward side effects will show up quite quickly. Whereas the improvements can take up to 12 weeks.

No I don't live in Australia. I'm in the UK.

I did a lot of research into HRT and decided I'd like to try testosterone. My GP didn't want to even test for it and does not want to prescribe it as there is no licenced product for women containing it. Except for tibolone which you are taking.

All of the hormones are synthetic in tibolone. The HRT in taking is more bio identical (closer to what you make naturally).

If you sawa private gynaecologist in the UK they would do blood tests (about £80 each I think) they would then have a compounding chemist make up your prescription probably for estrogen progesterone and testosterone. They also charge £180 to £250 for your appointment with them. You would probably need to be seen a minimum of twice a year (the price does go down for repeat appointments) they also would very likely want you to have ultrasound checks on your womb from time to time.

Plus the price of the prescriptions. All this is a lot more than I can afford.

So I then read what Professor Studd recommends and asked my GP for that Oestrogel which is a gel you apply daily to your upper arms or inner thighs and utrogestan which is micronised progesterone. Professor Studd says you can use it for just 7 days a month, but I think if you were seeing him privately he would recommend the ultrasound scans periodically.

My GP has asked me to take it as the company who make it advise so I use it for 12 days a month at 200mg per day. Taken at night as it does make you a bit sleepy (it seems as good for sleep as some sleeping pills I've been prescribed).

This is only my first month on the oestrogel and Utrogestan and I have been using the testosterone 100 days at 0.5ml per day or 50 days at 1ml a day. I have been using it around six weeks now.

The utrogestan has made me have a period again and I think to save money next month I will give the testosterone a miss during the time I'm bleeding.

Hope this info helps.

Hope your anxiety improves soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.