One tonsil larger then the other!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

im not sure if ive always had this but one of my tonsils is slightly larger then the other! too look at it in the mirror it doesnt look much bigger at all, but when i take a photo its clearly larger. its on the same side ive been experiencing some odd symptoms..

feeling something is in my throat...mainly on the left side! (same side as tonsil)

abit of neck ache etc.

ive been to doctors she said it looks slightly infected and i was given antibiotics...i had a sore throat and cough few weeks back but the feeling of something in my throat was there before this. i wouldnt say my throat is exactly sore it just feels like something is there!

im super nervous its something like tonsil cancer....ill upload a pic.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

not sure if ive always had one larger!

• Posted

Hi,

I have the same thing, I have had a really hard time getting a doctor to acknowledge it. I think mine is tonsil stones...because I keep seeing them come up and I flush them out. I have constant ear pain, pots and vm, I too have wondered about it being something possibly bad or connected to my other health issues.

• Posted

well ive just done a h.plyori test to see about acid reflux i think. ive constantly got phlegm in my throat! im not sure if my tonsil has always been like this. if i look in the mirror it doesnt look bad at all but if i take a pic it seems to look worse! im going to see my dentist next week and i will ask him.

i get alot of silent reflux symtoms...but i often feel i have something stuck in my throat. think my anxiety makes it worse. whats your symptoms?

• Posted

what do tonsil stones look like? im not sure if ive ever had them?

• Posted

hey, they are super gross and white...like tiny little brains when they come out and they stink, I have suffered with them my whole like. So I do wonder about h pylori sometimes because I have some symptoms too on and off, heart burn and stomach issues. Because of my other health issues I switched to a non inflammatory diet pretty much, no wheat, no gluten, no dairy tons of veggies...mostly veggies..haha and its really working for me with the heartburn and stomach issues, this Tonsil thing has been ongoing my whole life and I think it is connected to allergies or sinus.

So I went to the Dr yesterday because I have been having a horrible cough, sinus, tonsil pain, its from a flu bug going around apparently H1N1 again so anyways I got some steroids and really good throat lozenges and my tonsil is half the size within in a couple of hours...so that has to say something??, and considerable less pain. The Dr said post nasal drip - I agree with that too!

I was gonna suggest the dentist being a good place too..they seem to catch stuff sometimes. I saw a naturopath a month ago she noted that my left tonsil was much larger than the other but she didn't suggest much more after that. I said it was a constant issue..maybe tonsillitis?

• Posted

its good to hear your getting help for your tonsil. im just finishing my antibiotics then ill be visiting my GP again and also my dentist so will see what they say. i wonder do you have strange like blister type things back of your throat, on the back wall?? ill upload a pic. ive noticed it a few months now (only seen ive been looking in my mouth) and they are odd. ive seen a few people with them and not sure if they are related to post nasal drip!!

• Posted

not sure about the blister, I do have bumps but mine is so swollen right now that your throat looks considerably nicer than any picture I could take right now. If I find out anymore from the DR I will let you know, keep me updated on your tonsil too.

• Posted

Hi, I've been having the same symptoms as you, consistently feeling like something is caught in the back of my throat as well as aches under my jaw and the front of my neck. I recently also noticed one tonsil is bigger than the other. Unfortunately due to the current pandemic I cant go to a doctor so i was wondering if you ever found out what your issue was as mine seems similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.