One week of Alopecia Areata _ Help please!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey I'm a 21 year old female in the UK. I have come on here in the hope someone can just speak with me and help me understand a little better what to expect and what path to take. 

I have been diagnosed with alopecia areata. I went to gp with a tiny thumb sized patch missing near front of my head. He diagnosed me and this was Monday last week. Now it is one week later I have three patches with some significant size to them and two smaller ones I don't think anyone else can see. So I have been wearing headscarfs to cover the big ones round the front which you can see a mile away . This has made the hair drop a little quicker but spose it was going to go anyway. Now I have about all in all 25% hair loss , how much more should I expect to lose and when do people think I should admit defeat and shave it? I've ordered a wig as my fringe is gone and this headscarf thing makes people ask too many questions. Not enough people wear them for fashion where I live so being asked if I have cancer by strangers is challenging. what should I do.  

Also do people think counselling is a good idea or not. I don't normally care for my appearance but shocked me how much this hair loss is effecting my emotional well-being. Finding it challenging and I get nervous outside the house in case my headscarf slips. 

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience that can make me feel a little more at ease ? Does this get easier or will I just care less in time ? 

Thank you If you reply I will be eternally grateful as I feel a little alone right now xx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurie

Did your GP has given you any medicine to cure it or not? As i had same problem on and off and it was cured with one medicine, which is not Alopathy.

• Posted

I have steroid lotion stuff but other than that nothing. He said it just has to cycle and overtime the hair probably will come back. Which doesn't in still too much hope lol. It probably will but not too soon "/
    • Posted

He was right, but i have a lotion i got it from Pakistan and it really helped me out to grow my hair back and its made up of herbal. So its safe, but its GREAT!!
    • Posted

What's it called so I can look it up ??? I am willing to try anything right now. Sucks losing so much hair so fast. Just a bit bitter still about it all and finding it hard and will do anything xxx
    • Posted

I will get the name tomorrow but you will not get on the internet, if you want i can ask simeone to send me from Pakistan and then i will post you?
    • Posted

If you can get me the name that would be fantastic. ") Thank you for offering to post it too me , I just want name for now as I haven't had all blood tests back nor do I know the extent this may be. Right now it's manageable but before I shave it off I want to try see what's out there. Thank you so much :') 
    • Posted

Hi, I am also suffering from alopecia areata however not to such a degree as Laurie. I was wondering if you can email me the name of this product as I might be able to get it from some ppl in India. or is it just from Pakistan? Thank you.
  • Posted

Hello Laurie, sorry to hear about your hair problems. Not great at any age, but less so for someone so young. I work for a company that sells natural hair loss products, that have provided great results for women of all ages for over 20 years. If you would like to discuss your situation with me, I would be more than happy to help you. If yes, please let me know and I will provide a contact number for you. This is a genuine offer of help.
    • Posted

I will be willing to try anything right now !!! Only if it's affordable however as money is quite the challenge for me right now. half of the stress in my life. Xx
    • Posted

If you call my office tomorrow 01785 815020 then we will try our best to help you. Chris
  • Posted

I had 3 rather large bald spots that grew over time. In one year they all filled in on their own. This is quite common. Try to relax the best you can and know that it is possible for your hair to grow back on it's own.
  • Posted

Hi, any luck ? I am suffering from it too. I will appretiate any help. Regards ammar 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.