One week post TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wow what a ride surgery went great then coded medication reaction they said, ribs broke during compression! Finally home and doing ok I guess! Walking and doing exercises, PT at home starting next week so we will see! I’m already bored and I’m at one week Surgery last Friday! Any suggestions or ideas ???

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeah...  "Great, kid.  Don't get cocky." - Han Solo, Star Wars: Episode IV.

This is a looooong recovery.  ROM first then thwe exercise plan to rebuild your dead quads, glutes and core.  At the beginning, ice, elevate, take your meds ON SCHEDULE, get your ROM back at PT and home.  Here's some home stuff...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-rom-work-at-home-620053

#3 is KILLER!!!  Take this all very slowly.  Give up all your expectations about time.  Push it too far any given day and you'll end up with "balloon knee" for 3 days.  "Don't do dat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.  Time, work and patience...

• Posted

Your attitude is fantastic! Remember slow and steady winds the race. Follow your caregivers instructions as close as possible. Remember, they have helped many, this is your first rodeo. I have always pushed myself to recovery. Broken several bones, foot reconstruction but this time I noticed everytime I really pushed myself, it put me back. Good luck and well being.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.