one whit lump on tonsil

Posted , 1 user is following.

been GP given lencillion been on 48hr no sign it's going look like a flat hard lump like a cyst she seem to think ok said if doesn't clear see ENT but I thought would after 48hr but still there and I worry. I do feel like I have earache and generally under the weather has any one experienced this . I don't want to google all sorts come up xx😏

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like it might be a tonsil 'stone'. Did they tell you to gargle? I had Tonsillitis my entire life till I finally got them removed when I was 47. But, used to get hard yellow lumps on tonsils. If you can go online to youtube, you might find a pic that looks like yours. Probably not serious though. Tonsils are lymphatic tissue. That is why drs do not like to remove them. They help prevent disease to rest of body. Suggest you get a bottle of Colgate Preventyl and gargle beginning and ending of day. During day, gargle warm salt water several times. Use iodized salt. Do not get too salty or too warm. Drink lots of water. Take vitamin C. Eat lots of fruit. Reduce dairy. Use warm cloths to ease ear area. Hope it helps you. Try not to stress or worry. Bad for health. Take care:-)

• Posted

Thanks suse all great advice she said a pus filled something can't remember the name , I have earache and feel feverish but I am so fit & healthy ,dont smoke drink eat a great diet only thing I had an interview few weeks back quite allot tension , my mum had  larynx cancer so I am paranoid about my throat, I am better since I got some therapy but as I had this spot for over 4 weeks you think the worse, I have had tonsil stones and this does look like one as deep hard but I have a kit and it doesn't remove it and I am afraid to poke to hard as the GP didn't seem to think was that and antibiotic won't get rid of a stone? Been on the antibiotic  48hr still not gone with tonsillitis strep it clears the spot doesn't it ? 

• Posted

Hi Joanne. I don't think it is a good idea to poke on the area, not knowing for sure what it is. If you can go to you tube, type in white spot on tonsil. It will have a video by Dr. Paul. He examines a kid and takes tests for strep n mono. Said if antibiotic did not help, then is probably a viral infection. From symptoms the kid had, which included fever, sounds like you may have a bad case of flu. Anyway, don't think I would worry too much about it even if antibiotic does not help. I don't remember if it usually cleared up the stones, but I used to gargle with diluted peroxide to help that. Would be better to get the peroxyl tho. It has hydrogen peroxide in it and tastes much better? If you have had it for a while, it would probably ease your anxiety to see an ENT anyway. Try not to get stressed, but don't let it go too long either. Did your dr check you for strep or mono, or just put you on antibiotics right away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.