One year post TAH BSO

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

i am one years post TAH BSO I have had a few complications I had to have keyhole surgery to investigate abdominal pain which ended where he could not get into see anything, I went back in hospital in March open surgery again to find I had mass adhesions where my bowel was stuck to tummy wall and other ogans stuck too, I am now having abdominal cramps like period cramps my tummy is so swollen to, I also have cramps in my legs moving up to my hip on left side this is where my bowel was stuck also putting feeling this is getting me so low I am so tired and cranky. Any ideas to what is happening would be of great help

thank you

nicola 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Nicola,

Sorry to learn you're going through all this!  I would suggest that you return to see your doctor, as I understand that some people are prone to grow scar tissue heavily.

Best of luck to you, and let us know how you do!

• Posted

I'm sorry you're dealing with all this! Abdominal surgery is associated with a high risk of adhesions. I've read that it occurs in 93% of abdominal surgeries so you may have developed more adhesions. Do you by any chance have endometriosis? If so, your symptoms may be from endo since TAH BSO is not a cure. And endo itself forms adhesions.

I hope you get answers and relief!

• Posted

Hi girls

Thank you for your kind words, when I had my TAH my consultant mentioned endometriosis but I never questioned it I had ablation previously and that surgeon said I hadn't but he went in keyhole x I'm going to make an appointment to see what he says I could be just still healing after 2 major surgeries in 8 months?? But better to be safe than sorry xxxx I'll keep in touch xxx

• Posted

A copy of your medical records especially the operative reports and pathology reports may be helpful.
  • Posted

am in similar boat Nicola.  had to have major descarring done with my hysteroscopy, and laparoscopy then full TAH with BSO within 6 weeks of each other...found all organs glued together and glued to my back as well...

nearly 11 months on, I am being investigated for more surgery, but because it's a vicious cycle the gynae consultant also wants me to see a gastroenterologist to help with pain and bowel meds...I am so over all this...Never had bowel problems before but they think my bowel and bladder now glued together..Hoping for some kind of relief soon...  My GP was and is useless with all of this, hospital consultants have def been better, but it's been a long haul recovery.  Only plus is the neverending period no longer exists!  oh, and the cancer scare - was treated very quickly..

just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

dont put up with pain and no answers...keep at them till you get the help.  Once i was cleared of cancer the wheels have moved very slowly...

anyway

best wishes to you

k

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.