One year zero answers

Posted , 2 users are following.

At the end of last October I woke up with irritation and and redness in the creases of my eyelids and neck.  Over the course of a fee days it worsened.  I saw my doctor who sent me to an eye doctor and dermatologist.  Both said allergic reaction and advised a steroid ointment.  The rash went away within a month then came back after I stopped steroids.  I was then had a patch test done which came back positive for nickel.  Checked all products and makeup none of which contained nickel or any substance that would cause a reaction for someone with a nickel allergy.  The next few months I was given a couple different prescription antihistamine pills, other steroid creams, a cream for eczema, and elidel.  Nothing worked and the dermatologist pretty much gave up and the eye doctor would barely look at me and tell me to use the steroids.  A few months later I began getting tiny bumps and red patches on front and sides of neck and underneath my jaw.  A few small itchy bumps appeared on my earlobes.   I saw a new dermatologist who at first stated allergic reaction then after more antihistamines said perioral dermatitis.  Around this time I began noticing small itchy bumps elsewhere on my body.  Then some larger acne like bumps.  My boyfriend also began showing dry red irritation on eyes around January.   My eyes now had a red line above both upper eyelashes with what appeared to be whitw sebum trapped under skin and both our eyes would alternate swelling and irritation on top of what we were already experiencing as well as eyelash fall.  We both began experiencing tiny bumps and redness behind ears, neck, chest and scalp.  We went to the same dermatologist who took a biopsy of one of my larger bumps which only showed normal skin bacteria - acne.  I was given antibiotics and he was not at this time.  The larger bumps began tp go away for me but did not clear up any thing else.  The dermatologist became frustrated and told us this must be coming from some emotion we were both experiencing and advised over the counter antihistamines. . . So we sought out a new dermatologist.  She saw is both and thought periorificial dermatologist.  She put us both on antibiotics.  Him a week of keflex and a month of erythromycin because of my allergy to keflex.  She also put us on two doses of ivermectin.  To back up a bit I saw an allergist who tested near 100 allergens on me and the biggesr being dust mites has suggested demodex in notes so she wanted to cover that.  Now, she told my boyfriend the correct dosage but accidentally told me to take one then another in five days.  I didn't read the bottle which said second dose in seven days and went by written instead.  When I realized and told her she said it should be okay.  So, much of his symptoms cleared and mine did not.  Though He still had some visible rashiness.  So.  Then I had a really bad yeast infection that took several doses or flucanazole and whatever cream they gave.  On top of this I had minor thrush that came and went and came again.  I also began experiencing sebum plugs on my scalp and upper body.  Derm stated seb derm for us both but somehow contagious??? She gave ketoconazole shampoo and cream plus advised alrernating tea tree and sulfer body washes.  Now these seamed to lessen symptoms a bit over the course of a month but they have not gone away for either of us.  Nearly a year later and  the one thing that cleared for me is the rash in the creases of eyelids and neck with this treatment.  We both now have red line above upper eyelashes with tiny white bumps.  White bumps in lips - not fordyce spots.  Slight redness in a thin line around mouth.  Tiny itch bumps that appear on scalp, neck, behind and around ears, earlobe, random tiny itchy bumps on rest of body.  Redness of upper chest.  Itching inside ears and nose.  Itch around eyelids.  Sometimes irritated eyes.  Sebum plugs mostly on scalp and few in other aread of body.  The weirdest thing is if we stay away from each other for a week our symptoms lessen but don't go away but come back full force after two-three days of being around each other.  Now, we have tried staying away, limited contact and nothing works.  I recently had another biopsy done on a small flesh colored bump on my chest that turned out to be a very small sebaceous cyst.  I have a few others too.  They began as itchy bumps but then never went away - and sometimes they still itch.  If anyone has any ideas please help.  We would both be so grateful.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I may be missing some things as this has been a long and tolling process.
  • Posted

Sure sounds like you are allergic to lots of things. Have you tried some kind of relating therapy. Don't underestimate "Stress" as a contributing factor. Good luck to you.

• Posted

I'm actually not allergic to many things.  Just the two things mentioned above.  Zero food or environmental allergies aside from the dust mites and that's minor.  If you read thoroughly, you would know this is not a case of allergies which ended up being confirmed by every doctor who originally thought it was.  Id reactions are different than allergies which is a part of what I am experiencing.

• Posted

Please only post helpful responses and not commentary.  Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.