Ongoing discomfort behind knees

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm posting this under hypermobility although I'm not sure if my hypermobile hips are the cause of this or not. 

Anyway.

For the past few months I've been having this on and off discomfort behind my knees. Its not exactly pain but it's super uncomfortable; it makes me want to pull my legs off, or bend them into weird positions to relieve the pain. It's not a charley horse, or a cramp, it's just so freaking uncomfortable. It just comes on suddenly, and it will last for hours.

Has anybody else experienced this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I think I know what you mean. You just have to bend up yr knee to try make it stop. I'm not much help. I'm hypermobile and have bad hips. Have had 1 hip replaced. So much better. I can only say it could be from yr hips or lower back. Have you tried lying flat on yr stomach to stretch hips. About 10-20 mins. Perfectly flat. I read this and tried it. Thought it sounded stupid but did help some. 😃

• Posted

Have you explored restless leg syndrome? This is quite common in people with HMS or hEDS.

Maybe worth looking into.

Good luck

Ery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.