Ongoing heart palpitations???

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi ladies please can anyone reassure me? I have had mild heart palpitations for nearly 2 days now and am worrying myself to a frenzy.

It all started after a strong coffee yesterday morning (i dont usually drink strong coffee) and since then Ive had a flutter every few minutes or so???

I drank loads of water to flush out the caffeiene but after a nights sleep too its still there???

Is it peri symptoms?

No pain or anything else just a little skip now and again. Occasionally i get really hot after a flutter too so maybe its linked?

I am off for a female health check today (smear, breast exam and blood tests etc) so i will ask the doc about this but any advice from the wonderful ladies if this forum gratefully received.

Im sat in bed now just trying to talk some sense to myself so i dont panic which obviously eould make it worse... Thanks to everyone for any help you can offer xxxxx

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hiya. I've been having them for 6 years now, had bloods done, holter monitor and ECG, all fine. The cardiologist did see the arrhythmia on the holter results, he said although it's an arrhythmia, it's not the sinister kind. A lot of people have them, some notice them, other people don't. He said common triggers are caffeine (I drink too much), smoking (I do that too), stress (my middle name) and hormones (can't be helped). I get them around ovulation and my period, although at Christmas (too much wine - another trigger) I had them daily. Try not to worry and I hope this helps x
    • Posted

Hi hun thankyou for your kind reply. So many triggers arent there...... And you have the same middle name as me - πŸ˜„

Literaly just off to docs now for an all over female health check so hopefully they can reassure me tooπŸ˜„

This time of life is so hard to understand but thank you for your reassurance today.

Take care Lou xxx

• Posted

Hi there, I hope this goes some way in reassuring you that you will be fine and it's all part of the menapause. I too get these and have got a long time but the other day on the way to work my heart just kept fluttering every few minutes. I turned around and came straight home because now I'm panicking. I went to see my GP that morning, he listened to my heart and it fluttered at that time and he said the was an etopic heart beat nothing to worry about. I went home and straight to bed as the process drained me and like you I was hot. The fluttering persisted most of the morning.

In 2 weeks time I am due to get the 24 hour heart monitor just for reassurance.

You will be just fine believe me it's all part of this horrid menapause πŸ˜€

• Posted

Thankyou so much hunni!! I am sat here waiting to go to the docs and your kind reassurance has heped me! Peri is so difficult to understand as i dont think we can brush off our symptoms just because of it but at the same time its impossible to keep running to the docs! I feel like a hypochondric which I am not.

I hope all is well for you too and its reassuring to know im not alone. Thank you so much xxxx

• Posted

You are more than welcome. This site helped me heaps. You have a good evening and I hope your doctor appointment went well. For peace of mind no matter how stupid you feel always get things checked out...xx big hugs.
    • Posted

Hi hunni well mr doc was amazing! Shes checked me by ecg and it did pick up the palps but she said there were articular ecoptic beats which are totally normal for us ladies! She has passed on my ecg for double check but more than reassured me that all is well.

I also had an internal check and blood tests and they were fine too. She has suggested HRT later if anything gets worse and also suggested i see the dedicated menopause doctor we now have at our surgery. I didnt even know we had one of those at my surgery!!!

I have at last found an amzing doctor that listens, cares and has something poditive yo offer. It took a load off my mind. I know doctors get stressed as it must be a difficult job but my new doctor is simply amazing!!

Feeling so much better and thanks so much for your reply too as all the ladies on here are sooo helpful and sipportive. Thanks so much and hope you have s great werkend too lots of luv lou xxxx

• Posted

Glad you feel better. I hope I find a decent doc one day smile enjoy your weekend x
    • Posted

Oh louise I just read this that's fantastic news....see this forum is the best x.

• Posted

Thank you -yes it was an uplifting visit and the doc was fab! Thankyou for replying and i agree ghis forum is truly amazing πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
  • Posted

Its peri/meno related. I had it and it is annoying and frieghtening. It usually happens around the time of my cycle. Coffee is certainly a trigger. I had mines checked as well. The cardiologist said no worries, it eptopic prescribed me a beta blocker just in case they get bad. But I'm sure it's hormone related.
  • Edited

Hi. I'm new here but as soon as I saw your post I had to answer. I figured I was in perimenopause but my journey really began with a trip to the ER thinking I had a heart problem. The palpitations never needed it seemed. I got an all-clear and was sent home with Xanax. Not exactly a cure for this. After research what I found helped was topical magnesium. I use a lotion currently since it gentler to the skin than the oil or gel. Just as small amount on my arms rubbed together before bed seems to have fixed that problem! Hope that helps. This menopause thing really thrown me. I've never felt so off before in my life. Having a rough time.
  • Posted

Hi Louise, metoo withheart palps comes on sudden in bed outside, you just have to let come and go.
    • Posted

Its so scary but i guess as long as we know its peri and not something awful it helps? Mine are easing a little as i write thank goodness but will be on alert for that again now. Thanks so much for replying luv lou xxx
  • Edited

Hi Louise,

I had them a lot and I gave up coffee and tea for ages because the caffeine seemed to make it worse.

I've been on HRT for 15 weeks now and I haven't had them after the first few weeks on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.