Ongoing icky smell following me everywhere I go but can’t put a finger on what it is?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello i am 21 years old amd this is a cry for help from anybody out there who can relate,

There is a terrible icky foul smell coming from me but i cant put a finger on where or what it is, ive asked my doctor how to get rid of bad smells but he cant tell me as i cant explain where or what it is, iknow this smell is from me because when i arrive at work and go to the changing room there is no smell but when i leave for 2 minutes and come back its there, it seems to get stronger when i sweat and to make it worse i am very active between work and football and its making my life hell, i just dont know what it is and its ruined my social life and anytime i ask anyone if i smell they just say no but when i am round people they sniff and hold their breath. i regularly attend meetings for work and its making my social life limited, please if anyone can help please help me, as its ongoing for 8months, thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My son has similar problem. His doctor thinks its TMAU. You can google it and see if you can ask your doctor to refer you to anyone Dr that has knowledge of TMAU.

My son is 25 years old. Hes still single and scared to go anywhere as the bad smell would just follow him around as his shadow.

• Posted

Its a life ruiner! im gonna give this a wee read and see, keep me updated on your sons progress, hope it clears up for him

• Posted

Yes I will sure do keep you posted once my sons symptoms is completely gone.

In the meantime, this list below are the things he had done so far to control the smell a bit. Again it does not cure or stop the smell completely but its helps to reduce the smell.

1. Stop with all dairy products.
      2. No sodas at all.
      3. Eat more salad and less meat.
      4. No alcohol and no smoke.
      5. NO SUGAR AT ALL.

I hope this helps. And can I ask you. How long you started noticing the bad smell. ? My son had this for 18 years now. We tried everything out there with no avail.

Only last year we got lucky to know his problems. and that according to his Doctor. My son maybe had TMAU. And from then onward my son follow exactly what he supposed to avoid. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.