Ongoing Medical Condition, Still No diagnosis, might be Hyponatremia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wondering if someone has ever had/seen a condition with the following symptoms. I’ve been unable to get a diagnosis from multiple doctors over the last 3 years, so thought I’d ask here:

-Always Thirsty (Water does not help/makes problem worse) 

-Inability to work out (Sweating makes problem worse)

-Tension Headaches/Migraines

-Muscle Contraction Issues (Extreme tightness/Tetany)

-Muscle Twitching (Arms, Legs, Eyelids)

-Loss of Flexibility (Cannot stand straight or hold head up). 

-Weak/Light-headed, but never tired (cannot sleep).

-Constant wired feeling; Inability to feel calm (morning to night)

-Disorientation/Confusion and Poor Concentration

-Digestive problems (GI Doctor said I had low Stomach Acid; Stomach Acid is made from Sodium) 

-Body is always internally hot (eating makes it worse).

-Dry Skin

-Pins and Needle sensations around body

-Drinking makes symptoms worse

I've looked into and tried many medications and supplements. Increasing my sodium has been the ONLY thing that seems to ease my symptoms, but I'm still struggling . I'm trying to figure out if there's a certain way to treat this at home because doctors haven't been able to diagnose me and, therefore, haven't been able to treat me. Previous blood tests have indicated that cortisol levels (adrenals) were very high. Sodium plays a role in maintaining healthy cortisol levels, so this may also be an indication of hyponatremia.

What do you guys think?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The high cortisol results were from a hair analysis test I had done a while back. I don't have a moon round face, but the muscle contraction problems have made it hard for me to hold myself up straight which has messed up my Jaw structure. Ive also tested for diabetes, but the results came back negative.

There are a lot of things going on but the biggest problems I have are muscular/neurological related... My body is constantly tight.. I can't fully extend my hands and I've lost flexibility in my neck, which makes it hard to talk. I'm also extremely weak/light headed/faint (always feeling like I'm about to pass out) and food/water and makes it worse.

It feels very much like a deficiency that's not being picked up. I'm not counting anything out though.

• Posted

Hi, I have exactly the same symptoms as you, I also have adrenal problems. I cut down my salt intake, hoping that would help, it actually made things worse, like you, I knew it was something to do with electrolytes, but didn't know which I was deficient in. Turns out I am consuming far too much potassium, coconut water, avocados, spinach and loads of tomatoes everyday, this is pushing out the sodium in my cells, hence the hyponatremia symptoms. I have since increased my sodium back to nomal levels and reduced potassium (especially the coconut water) and symptoms are clearing up. Apparently, if you have adrenal issues, you should avoid high potassium foods. Its only a suggestion, but it has definitely helped me a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.