Ongoing Nausea

Posted , 6 users are following.

so, I'm sick of feeling sick!!

Im 48 and suffer from generalised anxiety and polymyalgia rheumatica. I'm currently on 10mg of esitol (anti depressant), 20mg of parriet (anti acid medication) and 50mcg patch of estrogen after a total hyster (including ovaries) last year.  I'm also gluten and lactose free.

So, for about 6 months I've been struggling with nausea and loose bowels on and off. I've been to my gp and had an ultrasound, it said everything looks normal except a couple of little cysts in my liver. All my blood work comes back good, cholesterol a tiny bit above the Australian average....but not bad. 

I have a script for zofran that i that I use when needed and I also take half a Valium when the nausea gets really bad - because my anxiety gets worse when I'm sick. I don't usually vomit, just feel horrible....have multiple loose bowel movements and get tired. Does anyone have any ideas....I'm so fed up!!

please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Loose bowel along with nausea maybe from the medications that your taking
  • Posted

Hi Clilo68

You are taking quite a mix of medication..so im inclined to agree with rocky 31676....do you take your medications all together or space them out..because some meds interact with each other in an adverse way and can cause nausea....and some of your meds can cause tiredness...have you read the leaflet that comes with your meds for side effects?...best wishes....

• Posted

hi, and thanks for the reply. 

I have been on the esitol for 6 years and take it am. The Parriet I take before my lunch meal and the patch is replaced every 3rd day. I only ever take the zofran when needed....which unfortunately is usually two to 3 times a week. And the Valium is 5mg tab broken in half....I might only use it 3 or 4 times a week....for either the nausea or general anxiety.

i am due for a total knee replacement in 2 weeks and just don't want to be feeling sick as well as in pain sad 

• Posted

Hi Cliflo68

Correct me if i am wrong..but isn't Zofran a med to prevent nausea?.......and isn't valium and anti-anxiety med? but you take it when you feel nauseaus ...confusing!!....doesn't the Zofran work for your nausea if not... you need to discuss it with your doc...best wishes..

• Posted

You are right the Zofran helps with the nausea, that's why I have it and yes it helps, but I am relying on it more and more. The Valium is an anti anxiety medication...I have generalised anxiety disorder - so when my stomach gets really upset my anxiety flairs up. I find that having the Valium helps relax the smooth muscle and means less cramps in my tummy. My gp says that this is true. I do t always have the Valium when my stomach is upset...only when it's really bad.

• Posted

I'm sorry you feel like this if I were you my next step would be to have an endoscopy. It is a small procedure that sticks a Camera down your throat into your stomach. If you want some more info you should ask your doctor. I personally have had this done before. They found that my stomach was blood red and the they hadn't given me my treatment right away I probably would've had internal bleeding. That goes to to say that even if I had not had the endoscopy i would never know what's going on in my stomach.

Something else you might want to try is an allergy test are you allergic to anything. Some meat and veggies can make you have loose poop.

• Posted

thanks for you reply. I'm planning on organising this as soon as I'm back on my feet after my knee op. It's something the GP has already suggested. I was just hoping someone had some ideas about ways to relieve it in the meantime. I'm allergic to gluten, lactose and MSG!

• Posted

No, but if you figure it out please post. Nausea and feeling awful with no cause seems not to be uncommon. I had my gallbladder and still feel awful.

Try to stay positive. Gastric problems are tough to deal with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.