Ongoing post GB removal issues

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have posted a couple of threads re apparent liver issues following gallbladder removal at end of December 2016. These issues cause alot of pain in my ribcage & around right shoulder blade, similar to that of gallstone pain. Am waiting to see surgical team who did the operation for their input as GP quite concerned.

But, can anyone explain why these pains get worse when I have eaten home made chicken casserole with a very bland sauce made with water & a stock cube with no fat or onions?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi i guess everyone is different with different symptoms as well i cant eat bread chocolate and love sweet and sour Chinese but now can't have it 🤔

• Posted

Have you thought about trying milk thistle or dandelion root for your liver?
  • Posted

Hi Moira,

Sorry to learn you're still having problems. I hope that you get some resolution soon. One thing that you and your gp might consider is that you could have fatty liver disease or sphincter of oddi disfunction.

If you want more information about fatty liver disease, please send me a private message.  However, since you're already experiencing pain, I suggest that you not try to cleanse anything--you don't know what's wrong, and don't want to exacerbate anything.

As for why the pains get worse, I think it could be related to the ingedients in your stock cube.  Check to see if it contains a high salt content or monsodium glutamate...

Best of luck to you!  Please let me know how you get on! xx  

• Posted

Hi Moira, I'm only 2 weeks post op but my surgeon before the operation did warn me that taking my gallbladder out wouldn't get rid of all my pain and he was right. I know he did a liver ultrasound during the removal and my physician mentioned sphincter of oddi dysfunction luckily I have an appointment with my surgeon in less than 2 weeks so at least I can try and get things sorted. 

I know that I can't eat a casserole at the moment as I've found that its too rich even made with simple things it just makes my pain worse.

Let me know how you get along. take care x

• Posted

I don't know why but I have very similar issues. Please let us know what they say. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

I was thinking the ingredients in the stock cube too .

Try a low salt organic gluten free one ?

• Posted

I also have problems eating chicken. Don't know why. White uncoated fish is easy to eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.