Ongoing shoulder and neck pain, eye and jaw..HELP!!!!!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Where do I start, 14 years ago after my son was born I started to get a terrible achy burning type pain in my left shoulder blade. The pain would shoot up the left side of my neck into my ear and eye.  This will cause me terrible headaches and Migraine.  After a MRI of my head, and Cervical Spine, I was told I had slight Arthritis and Spinal Stenosis. (a bit) But not enough to cause the pain I was describing.  Went to Chiropracter, massage therapists, physical therapy, Yoga, Meditaion, hot and cold therapy.  Would go away for a few months then return.  Now it has become something that effects both shoulders my upper back neck and then radiates up the back of my neck into my head.  I can feel it in my jaw and my eyes hurt like I have eye strain.  The more focused I get and obsessed the more it bothers me.  I am very depressed about this.  I am thinking of going back on Nortriptyline because it helps with neuropathic pain and chronic pain plus depression.  I was on it for a year but then stopped because it made me so tired.  I would rather be tired then this. Any help or advice would be so very apprecitated, feeling desperate!!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I have the exact same issue. Spinal stenosis and arthritis. I have had two epidurals and that has not helped. They had me  on iNortriptyline but that did not do anything but make  me tired. I am currently on Gabapentin and  Tizanidine. This helps a little but I am in pain most of the time. The pain use to come and go but it has been constant for the last year. I have an appointment in two weeks to see about nerve ablation. I have also been told  to try Acupuncture. My most recent MRI shows more degeneration from the prior MRI done about 8 months prior. So looks like it is getting worse. I have been to therapy and chiropractor as well and nothing seems to work. Hopefully ablation will work.. 

• Posted

I am writing on behalf of my elder sister and she is suffering from pain that keeps moving from head, eyes, Jaws, lower back, feet, fingers, upper arms, and on one time pain came up with swollen mass on below neck region. All this started in 2002 when she gave birth to a baby boy and pain was in the stomach and she was given injections to induce labour pains. I do not understand what kind of problem she is suffering from as I can't see her condition. Please help me out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.