Ongoing symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone still had enlarged lymph nodes and spleen after 3 months? I have tested negative to active ebv 2 times but positive to say ive been infected previously and the doctors have no idea whats going on

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have a lot of the same symptoms.  I don't recall ever having mono, but my EBV level came back very high (around 600).  I've been ill since February of this year and have seen multiple types of doctors.  I'm just now discovering that it could all be EBV related, although my GP says otherwise.  I even let them take my gall bladder out, thinking it was the cause of all my pain.  I'm having night sweats, swollen lymph nodes in my neck and chest, burning pain down my sides, blurry vision, memory fog, fatigue, nausea, a few bloody noses, low grade fever, pain in abdomen, pain in legs, headaches and recurring cough.  My last visit to the doctor, I was told that I probably have diverticulitis and need to see a GI doctor.  I've also had multiple CT scans, MRI's, ultrasounds and bloodwork done.  So far they have only shown a growth on my skull (still trying to figure that one out- could be normal birth defect) and a nodule in my thyroid.  I'm so tired of running in circles trying to figure this out.

• Posted

I swear friend I could have written this a few months ago. It was the scariest thing I had ever dealt with in my life. I served in Iraq during the initial invasion... id do that 100 times over before dealing with this again!

You may no longer have mono but your EBV levels show you had recently had it. It could have gone away days ago or months ago. Know though you may have had it!

I and many others here will say there is no figuring out at this point. We have all been through many many forums, online places in general. I have even contacted people on their websites and even someone I tracked down on etsy! Everyone says the same thing. Eat well, rest, drink water, be patient. 

I had all of your symptoms and the worse of it for me was the brain stuff. I literally forgot how to work at my job for a month. I almost crashed my car 4 times. I had strange things like dyslexia for 3 days. I couldnt even see images in my head. Tell me to visualize a dog, I could not. Im 90% better mentally but still dont feel present. Patience!

Be well and we are all here. If you ever want one on one motivation, im sure many here could help or myself.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Kariann,

So sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with all these issues,I just want to write to reiterate Jeffrey's words (we love you Jeffrey for all your kind words to everyone) that this forum is a good place to come for seeking chat with others going through the same and that I want to offer hope to you that certainly from a EBV perspective this can take a long time to recover from but you will eventually recover from that, it can cause all sorts of horrible symptoms in your body like you say and it may be the main thing causing it all, but do keep in touch with your doctor regarding everything that is going on.

I was the same as many on here in that I was ill for so many months, nearly a full year and didn't know what the future held or if there was going to be a recovery, but just deal with one day at a time because there WILL be a recovery - my belief is that God helped me recover, I know everyone believes different things but certainly asking God for some help in such difficult circumstances is certainly a good thing to do.

Another thing that has helped me with my general health in recent years, and it may well be a good thing for glandular fever too, especially energy levels and general wellbeing, is a very natural and safe therapy called Bowen Therapy. It initially helped me with sciatica but I would highly recommend it to anyone with any kind of health issues, especially high EBV levels or mono / glandular fever.

Hang in there, I fully believe you will make a full and complete recovery - and as Jeffrey says message any time there is a good community of people here willing to chat and hopefully offer words of help and reassurance.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Kurt, I'm in a sort of similar situation.

I came down with whatever this is on the 21st of November. At first it was high temp, chills, swollen glands all over, and abdominal pain. I was out of it for the first week anyway.

It's been 5 weeks now. I thought I was getting better, but after trying to do things normally I'm feeling back to square one. 

I was tested about 10days after first coming down with this for gf, but the dr said I'd had it in the past and just said I must havw flu.

I've had a few flus before and this feels like gf. 

Today I have a high temp, slept 15hrs and I have bad glands and sore throat.

• Posted

Shabby....just wanted to write to let you know I'm thinking about you today also and to remind you that this whole period of not feeling well will pass over in time - things might not feel great or be great today, but you will get back to full health again, even if it still takes a little time, you are going through the worst period just now and once through that things really will start to settle.

Take care and message any time

Craig

• Posted

Hey hows it going for you now? Im still down in the dumps, seem to have a virus every week -.- constanly coughing up mucus and chest pains, stomach pains, still have enlarged glands all over aswell. Would really like to know how your getting on
    • Posted

Hi Kurt,

So sorry to hear you've still not been feeling well, hopefully Shabby and others can let you know how they are doing now still. Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and let you know that these symptoms are very normal and that eventually in time they do fade and go away, it's just so horrible and frightening to deal with I know.

I do believe you will get better Kurt and hang in there, and don't panic if it doesn't come right away because healing and good health will come again, without any doubt whatsoever.

Take care and hang in there

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.