ongoing symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started with itchy skin a couple of years ago which has got worse over time, it comes and goes. I can literally cut my back to ribbons it gets that bad. I also noticed I have a hard lump which feels like it's attached to my bone in my groin. (Not massive but definitely can feel something) I also go through phases of having an itchy groin area and I had what looked like a boil a few weeks ago, which I have never had before, this was at the top of my groin. I'm going crazy with these symptoms and hate going to the doctors as I feel like I'm wasting their time. I've started feeling dizzy now and again, I work out most days and noticed my fitness level has gone down and I struggle to run like I use to. On my chest I have a constant red rash, it isn't itchy but it's always there with tiny red dots on my chest and arms. I've also been getting the most random bruises, pains in my leg joints, my legs look so pale and can see all my veins. Also the last couple of weeks every time I eat or drink anything I get a pain in my upper left side of my stomach, not a shocking pain but noticeable for me to think it hurt a little. My stomach is always bloated too. I know I'm really selling myself here lol. I've been to the doctors a few times regarding my itchy skin and they just give me cream and send me on my way. I had bloods done in February as I lost my vision for about 12 weeks but not sure what bloods? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your doctor, tell him ALL your symptoms, not just one or two of them, and tell him how worried you are. You are NOT wasting his time, that's what he's there for.

• Posted

I suffered with a similar condition just like yours, so I feel for you.  First let me say; you are not bothering your doctor. I agree with  the previous person; that's what they are there for! I am glad to see you keeping track of your symptoms, because that's going to help your doctor to diagnose your condition and get you the right treatment.  So, go see a doctor and don't give up until you get help.

• Posted

Thanks for your words of encouragement, what was your condition? If you don't mind me asking

• Posted

Approx 2 years ago I found a small lump behind my ear. My GP didn't mess around, referred me straight away. Had a surgical biopsy, week later was told that I had Lymphoma. Transferred to another hospital for treatment and specific diagnosis, CT, MRI, PET and ultrasound scans, bone marrow aspiration, diagnosed Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. Then chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy then meningioma (brain tumour) discovered during routine CT scan. Gamma knife surgery just over a week ago, waiting for 8 week check up now. Life's a b***h sometimes but I've come out the other side, feel pretty good and feel grateful for every day I wake up.

• Posted

I was diagnosed for Urticarial Vasculitis. My itching was so intense that that I could not sleep and I would get out of bed with scratches all over my body with blood. 
    • Posted

I was also diagnosed for CLL leukemia. I don't need treatment for the leukemia yet, but they are treating me far the vasculitis and with the creams and different medications my life is so much better. Hopefully your condition will be something mild and just go away on its own.

• Posted

Oh my goodness you are having a tough time, my thought she are with you! You have a great outlook on life, if only everybody was like that. Stay positive!!

I went drs today and then hospital for lots of blood tests

• Posted

Thanks for your support and words. Sorry to hear of the tough time your eyes going through, you are an inspiration!

I've been drs today and hospital for blood tests.

• Posted

Bloody auto correct. Sorry!
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words but I really don't feel that I am going through a tough time. The reality of all the treatment that I have had was nowhere near as bad as I expected, and positivity helps a great deal. Whatever they throw at you you can cope with it. And a wicked sense of humour can do wonders!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.